S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

S4 nightmare - emails with AudiUSA CEO JdN

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Guru

Dude your a tool.

/thread.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Guru

Hey brad I think this guys trying to talk over our heads and look smart.

Dude your a tool.

/thread.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:16 AM
4th Gear

Great part about my Mac... build in dictionary

Should I add him to my tool thread?

Old 01-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Guru

Yes you should

Old 01-01-2012, 11:35 AM
4th Gear

I will later. Right now I'm too busy being an acolyte of the well known German religion of Audiism.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:09 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bradtyler02
Interesting... My response would have been more like:

Mr. P.

Go buy a Honda.

It would be interesting to know when the last time the timing belt was replaced...
No disrespect to the OP but this comment made me LOL.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:34 PM
1st Gear
Default Wow... why bother posting this? (just saw this)

I have owned:

90 CQ sold it with 335K miles. Other than normal maintenance, suspension work and a knock sensor at 90K, that was it

95 Sport 90 Q 145K - maintenance and suspension... that's it

95.5 S6 - 192K - more work on this boy, but I drive it like the race car it is. Turbo hose at about 100K and I am R&R'ing the head gasket as I write this

07 S6 - 50K - maintenance

I have nothing but good experiences with all of my VW & Audi products (84 GTI & 86 16V Scirocco). I am guessing your experience is an unfortunate but unique one, but I have to agree with the Audi reps comments on your tone and attitude. More flies with honey...

Old 07-07-2012, 01:26 AM
1st Gear

I have had many of the same issues with my similar era 2001 A6 Avant, and my research in trying to fix these problems, verified many of the same issues and others as factory defects that were never addressed by Audi, not normal wear and tear. These problems are noted on the web by not just consumers, but mechanics as well.
Center console display failure.
The tie rod end degradation.
Headlamp component failures .
Headlamp transparency loss.
Horrible paint degradation.
The tire wear issue I figured out (two sets of top of the line Michelins later, replaced generously by Costco). Audi's recommended tire pressure was low by 6 lb.

IMHO, Audi has completely dropped the ball on tracking electrical and mechanical failure rates, and compensating their customers.

I would have not been as abrasive with the company, but I like your tenaciousness.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:07 PM
1st Gear
Default lliejk - lucky you

lliejk: I'm glad you had good experiences with your VW/Audi products. But, in questioning why my post was offered, you failed to grasp the thrust of the problem: it is with the COMPANY, not the products. Nobody makes products that are 100% perfect in performance and reliability. But most companies that value their customer relationships make good when they screw up -- by selling products that are systemically defective -- and they certainly don't berate their customers when their products fail catastrophically before their company-defined scheduled maintenance interval.

If this is the kind of company to which you want to give your valuable business, then I wish you luck, leave you better-informed that you were yesterday, and caution you with "buyer beware."

Last edited by sparafucile; 07-12-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:11 PM
SoCal Crew Member

wow, i am impressed the Presedent responded as well.... really sorry to hear about your car issues, especially the timing belt... that happened to me a few years back...

sometimes it happens and it sucks... but that's cars and life for yah.. the car is 10 years old already and far from warranty so there's not much reson to expect audi to do much about it... the screen pixel issues have been a long on going issue we've all try'd to get audi to do something about, but it's just not going to happen...

... i thought this thread was going to be about a real nightmare or horror story but all this has happened to me already so no suprises here, lol....

in fact i could ramble on for a few more pages about some far worse issues i've had with audi vehicles.... but i won't... becasue i still love the cars and will continue to drive them =/

Quick Reply: S4 nightmare - emails with AudiUSA CEO JdN