S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

s4 model comparisons, b5-b7

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 05:55 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by deephouse

SourD has given you a lot of pertinent information all of which you should take into consideration.
yeah and i appreciate all of it

Originally Posted by deephouse
Ultimately you want something you can have fun driving and not have so much headache with.
Sometimes its almost a gift not to have so many tuning options (b6 & b7)... you spend less time worrying about what you're gonna do next =)
thats exactly what i need to decide, and really a summary of the decision that i need to make. i really want to buy a car that has a solid enough 'platform' to support forced induction and not fall apart within a year.. but there's also another excellent point about the b6/7 where since the upgrade path is a little more limited, there's potentially a lot less time and money sunk into the car.

haha not sure which one to choose, but again thanks for all your replies, they're very helpful =]

Old 06-30-2009, 07:24 PM
1st Gear
Default Performance

Also consider that B6/B7 you will not have turbo lag.

As with turbos... you get lag. You can try to make up for it by going bigger turbo. which USUALLY means, more lag, BUT monsterous pickup after the turbo spools up. it's a give and take upgrade.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:38 PM
1st Gear

As A B5 Audi S4 owner, I haven't had that many problems with my car; Rear window assembly and motor replaced, and CV Boots.... although I replaced the shocks and springs with H&R coilovers, and new AWE K04 set up... other than that... nothing else has been replaced due to failure. All S4's are nice, some of the V8's are going twin Turbo.....uhhhh! need I say more?

Old 07-02-2009, 01:20 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by blackmagics4
As A B5 Audi S4 owner, I haven't had that many problems with my car; Rear window assembly and motor replaced, and CV Boots.... although I replaced the shocks and springs with H&R coilovers, and new AWE K04 set up... other than that... nothing else has been replaced due to failure. All S4's are nice, some of the V8's are going twin Turbo.....uhhhh! need I say more?
how long have you had your car? and how new are the K04s? :P