S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

RS6 track tests!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 10:43 AM
3rd Gear

Mines off getting the JHM rebuild right now. If your buying a second used transmission to rebuild I would get a 6-speed from the B5 S4, any year 00-02. though im pretty sure others can be used im not sure on the specifics or if they need to be modified. Between 00 and 02 they will all have the same problems, i dont think any one is better than another. If you dont rebuild and just swap to a different used tranny, the SAME thing will happen again.

Another option for you could be to use advanced automotion iv heard good things from them. The transmissions will be upgraded and tested so they souldnt have the same problems. Theyre available with OEM gearing, couple different close ratio sets, and a TDI gearing which they say is good for high speed, road racing, and fuel consumption.

http://www.advancedautomotion.com/index.php?cPath=65_91

check it out

Old 08-30-2009, 01:55 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Scott Long
I was expecting more than 112 mph trap speeds even if granny shifting.

How much boost?
24 psi.. it is a preliminary tune, so its running richer than it should and id think as it sits now if it was wideband tuned it would be much better.. did you see the videos?? 1st to 2nd is terrible..

Old 08-30-2009, 02:29 PM
1st Gear

Can't wait to see what it does when you get a built transmission behind it.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:17 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by SourDieselS4
Mines off getting the JHM rebuild right now. If your buying a second used transmission to rebuild I would get a 6-speed from the B5 S4, any year 00-02. though im pretty sure others can be used im not sure on the specifics or if they need to be modified. Between 00 and 02 they will all have the same problems, i dont think any one is better than another. If you dont rebuild and just swap to a different used tranny, the SAME thing will happen again.

Another option for you could be to use advanced automotion iv heard good things from them. The transmissions will be upgraded and tested so they souldnt have the same problems. Theyre available with OEM gearing, couple different close ratio sets, and a TDI gearing which they say is good for high speed, road racing, and fuel consumption.

http://www.advancedautomotion.com/index.php?cPath=65_91

check it out
so im assuming this is the poor mans sTaSis rebuild?? does it seem to have as much as it to resolve the beating im going to give to it once its in?? im also starting to develop a front diff noise, seems like in first gear it whines and gets louder as the rpms raise, and then when im off the accelerator in 4,5 or 6 it whines a little..

Old 08-30-2009, 10:32 PM
2nd Gear

check your fluid

JHM has a great rebuild kit, but if you're planning to make upwards of 600 chp, i would say go for the Stasis. a friend of mine had it done and my god was that a beautiful transmission to shift through, synched up perfectly and i think they changed the spring tension on the linkages, so it felt like you were shifting through butter, absolutely NO notches. i've never felt anything like that

Old 08-31-2009, 01:00 AM
2nd Gear

k... so does anyone have a stasis link.. ill save.. its only 600 more than the other place.. so in the long run and for my own mental well being its probably best to go with stasis and not worry about it again..

Old 08-31-2009, 01:06 AM
2nd Gear

www.stasisengineering.com

My buddy just called them up and asked about the rebuild, set up the shipping arrangements and I think he payed over the phone using credit. The only drag (other than the price) is shipping the tranny to them, you'll have to get a crate of some kind and it's not cheap to ship.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:40 PM
2nd Gear

lol.. they are 7 hrs away from me. i may just take my transmission to them and pay them to ship it back.. was thinking too of going with a low mileage used from shokan (52k for 1800) and they dont take cores, so then i could get a jhm rebuild kit and put it together using my old tranny in my own time and not have anydown time.. lol.. i should probably go with the stasis and be free of worries or extra work..

Old 08-31-2009, 09:29 PM
2nd Gear

okay..my timing on my stage 3 build could not be more perfect.. i mean.. i had all of the trouble with getting hold of EPL, and then finally after months we get that stuff worked out.. then i email stasis about a tranny.. and heres what i get back from them..

Richard,

Thank you for your interest in STaSIS Performance Products. Normally we would welcome your business, but with our impending move of our Corporate Office and R & D Facility we are not currently accepting additional transmissions rebuilds. If you can wait until we are reestablished in our new facility in West Virginia towards the end of October. Let us know if this would work for you.

Regards,

Donald Hennagin

... again.. i swing and miss.. lol.. oh well.. ill try to see about a low mileage tranny from shokan and then ship my original to stasis and they can get to it when they get to it.. lol...

Old 08-31-2009, 09:53 PM
2nd Gear

haha, that's a bitch

Quick Reply: RS6 track tests!!!