S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

RANT: Hold onto your butts

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Default RANT: Hold onto your butts

I have done a lot of work on my car, clutch, dp's, exhaust, engine work, suspesion stuff, and more and none of that went without being inpeeded in some dumbas$ way. I have never done any of it smoothly, NOTHING has been a remotely simple job. Today just keeps adding on, after waiting a month for the wire harnesses and faceplate to come to put in a nav I can't get the radio out!!! The dealer could only get one side unlocked with the keys and said the trim would have to come off, fine no problem right? WRONG! The only way to get the trim off is to get behind the radio (which won't come off in the first place) and get to some screws I'm assuming. I took out every piece of trim I could and got no where, I even looked on ebahn the program and nothing came up, it was all A4 **** for the center console. WTF am I supposed to do, I'm not paying the dealer a few hundred to take the car entirely apart, cause for that much I could just smash the radio out and enjoy taking my anger out that way instead of selling it on ebay for a couple hundred.

And I have been on here long enough to know that our cars are difficult, but this is just getting retarded. Nothing good really happens on here, its all problems, or wrecks! Nobody is like hey look at my new coilovers with out having a wreck and putting them through the hood.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:28 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: RANT: Hold onto your butts

dude...thats sucks! i hope you figure all this crap out.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:09 AM
1st Gear

I actually LOL'ed at the coilovers comment, its soooo true!!

Old 03-08-2008, 07:06 AM
2nd Gear

*sigh* .......... well that is true with any car you tune but. I had the same problem when i took my radio out the key was to far in to unlock it. try using the key at different amounts in the slots, and worse comes to worse you brake the radio and get your nav in along with some anger out.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:22 PM

ugh, I guess I am going to take it to the dealer monday morning to get it out andget some new control arms put on as well cause there is a knocking when I turn and brake. I have to laugh though cause the auto stereo tech guy at best buy said it could do it!! Not in a million years buddy.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:58 PM
1st Gear

I have found out the hard way that these cars suck to work on or have work done on, I am spending as much as the KO4 kit to fix my trans and a L/W flywheel RS4 clutch combo

I am right with you about the frustration with your car

Old 03-08-2008, 05:34 PM
1st Gear

Yea these things are frustrating....i have a 00 with 70,000 miles on it, and just spent $3,600 on nonsense (vcg replacement, cam tensioner seal, rear diff. seal, tie rods, control arms, sway bar linkage) the only worthwhile thing that I needed was the damn timing belt. Figure the car is worth 12,500, I would be out of my mind to start upgrading stuff. Oh yea, the clutch slips big time...

Old 03-08-2008, 05:53 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: audi ops

The dealer could only get one side unlocked with the keys and said the trim would have to come off, fine no problem right? WRONG! The only way to get the trim off is to get behind the radio (which won't come off in the first place) and get to some screws I'm assuming. I took out every piece of trim I could and got no where, I even looked on ebahn the program and nothing came up, it was all A4 **** for the center console. WTF am I supposed to do, I'm not paying the dealer a few hundred to take the car entirely apart, cause for that much I could just smash the radio out and enjoy taking my anger out that way instead of selling it on ebay for a couple hundred.
Well...... haha

I had the same problem, the stupid keys wouldn't work, andI actually ended up cracking the top left slightly, nothing that a plastic/vinyl/leather guy couldn't fix. If it makes you feel any better the radio is only worth 75 bucks, so it's not like your going to be able to ebay for a couple hundred.

Look at the after removal picture..!

[IMG]local://upfiles/32728/3484BF7AC054417AB9B9EFBBF7B7C9F3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-09-2008, 11:15 AM

wow that thing is stripped! So shawn, since you have taken all that trim out ifI just bust the plastic off the front of the radio the rest of the 8/10mm bolts will be there to take that center console trim out soI can get the radio out? Also is the engine speed sensor wire in the wiring harness, so I know if I will have to route that seprately or not. I am not the best interior, wiring man but I am giving it a try, I would rather pull the engine than remove trim haha (not really)

Old 03-09-2008, 01:26 PM
1st Gear

Actually that doesnt look too bad I have taken alot of dashboards out and that looks clean when its out, I have seen alot worse

Quick Reply: RANT: Hold onto your butts