S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Racetec Engineering FMIC Installed with pics!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 01:40 AM
1st Gear
Default Racetec Engineering FMIC Installed with pics!

wow what a bitch. To start off the previos owner picked the most retarded way to install the rs4 bumper, so me and my friend spent over 1.5 hours trying to get it off. getting the smic's off were easy tho. next we mounted the fmic to the front, and used an angle grinder to modify the re-bar a little bit so it fit over it. next we ran the supplied piping. the quality of the materials are geat, and it would have fit good if we werent retardes! since i hav rs4 smic's before, the IC tubing was for rs4s. After we had spent another 2 hours trying to get the pipes to fit onto the rs4 IC piping, we relized what the problem is. so we got it all hooked up eitherway, and stuck the front bumper back on pretty easily. took it for a couple beat runs that night and its almost the exact same as the RS4 smic's so im happy, because it looks kickass! the car goes in for a timing belt, etc change on thursday so when the have the front bumper off im going to repaint the piping to a freash coat of silver and add on the samnco hoses. now for the pics!

Old 01-17-2007, 01:43 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Racetec Engineering FMIC Installed with pics!

ahh refreshments!

all done for the most part!

Old 01-17-2007, 02:01 AM
1st Gear

i had an officer say its illegal, but no severe trouble yet.

Old 01-17-2007, 02:45 PM
2nd Gear

looks good

Old 01-17-2007, 03:30 PM
3rd Gear

Why didn't you remove the passenger headlight? Why did you take the headlight washer caps off? Just wondering.

Is it me, or is that FMIC about the same size as the SMIC's? It looks like it's not a X-flow, but 2 IC's welded in the center.
The air has many, many more turns now? What do the outlet pips to bi-pipe look like? Due they have 90deg bends?

Have you done any before or after logs? How is the throttle response? Notice any boost lag?

I don't like how the driver side pipe almost sits out side of the bumper. Can you put the grills back on?

In the last pic it looks like your passenger headlight is crooked.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:01 PM
1st Gear

all the headlights were removed, its just chillin right there. we removed the washer jets to get the bumper back on (nearly impossible to take off w/ them in so we didnt even bother trying to put them back in when the bumper was going back on)

It is about 4 inches wider all together than the rs4 smics and yes, it is basically 2 sidemounts welded together. Pipe bends are still minimal, the only thing inscreased was the distance of air travel and it wasnt even that much. as of now, there is one 90* bend, but only because im using the rs4 IC piping, so once i throw in the samnco ones i ordered i should be good to go. throttle response is just as before, and id say i have a boost drop of 1 or less psi, but the fact that im getting more cool air makes up for that. Yea, the driver side lower pipe is kind of sitting outside the bumper, but like i said we had alot of plumbing problems due to the rs4 IC piping, so once i replace them it will fit alot better. light does seem crooked, but it seems fine in person, probably just a bad pic/shadow.

thanks for all the kind words though!

Old 01-20-2007, 07:41 PM
1st Gear

Gotta love the look of a front mount. Post a couple more pics with the S4 hoses on once you get them.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:05 AM
1st Gear

looks good. so you won't have the ac and axuliry fan? did you relocate them?