S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

A quick pull

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 01:08 AM
2nd Gear

quick question.. im gonna have the engine out and all.. but i dunno the make-up or inerds of a 2.7t.. so my question is .. how difficult is it to install stronger rods?? i will be putting a new pcv system in, k04's (or rs6's) and so how much more work to install new rods?? i dont want the car to be out of commission forever, i do have a full time job and ill be working on it in my free time.. money for the rods is not a problem, but how long and detailed the rebuild will be will determine how deep i go into this project..

Old 04-06-2009, 05:39 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bigern45
quick question.. im gonna have the engine out and all.. but i dunno the make-up or inerds of a 2.7t.. so my question is .. how difficult is it to install stronger rods?? i will be putting a new pcv system in, k04's (or rs6's) and so how much more work to install new rods?? i dont want the car to be out of commission forever, i do have a full time job and ill be working on it in my free time.. money for the rods is not a problem, but how long and detailed the rebuild will be will determine how deep i go into this project..
To put in rods by yourself would take some time, I'm not sure how long for you. It could be an extra day, or an extra week. Its the right thing to do, though you don't have to run rods for K04's I know people who have thrown rods on a K04 car. The little amount of time that goes into rods (comparatively) will help you in the long run.

Update: I don't have my car back yet but I got to see it, adjust the hood, and drive it.
It was about 37 degrees out and I put better methonal in it. I took some of the guys who had been working on it for a ride and they couldn't believe that it would pull that hard. (on real meth and being that it was colder it was probably about a 2.95 FATS, I didn't log it because ECUX was giving me trouble). Man she pulls hard for just 93 octane, I can't wait to see what we can get out of it with the 5 gallons of VP 109 I bought, with the dumps that will hopefully go on this weekend (granted the car is done). I also ordered 8 gallons of Boost Juice so we will see where it goes. I'm hoping for a 2.4-2.5 FATS. If not, I'm saving up for a 3.0 crank and 28rs's!