S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Police incounter

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 10:15 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Police incounter

I got jacked for "Failure to use due care" once. In this case I was speeding but the cop apparently did not have his radar on. I didn't contest it because the charge was very minor (equvilant to a 5mph speeding ticket). Be cautious to pay much for an attorny. Those small town policemen normaly show up for cases and knows the judge. Be sure to check out the details of a "Drag racing" charge. If it is only based on the cop's opinion then go to court and ask for lienency. If it required a radar gun to be used, a burnout, or any other definitive facts fight it. Good luck.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:36 AM
2nd Gear

thats whats sweet about VT 5mph speedo law. you can drive 5mph over anywhere you want.

and with the 65mph on the interstate they usually dont look at you twice unless your over 80mph

Old 12-01-2007, 10:54 AM
3rd Gear

I rolled through a stop sign and accelerated HARD in 93 mode maybe a bit of tire spin and sliding on some sand , only made it to about 40mph in a 45 before the lights went on. He really could have fucked my day up but he was nice and just gave me a stop-sign violation and a firm warning.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:43 AM

No person may operate a motor vehicle with
unnecessary exhibition of speed on any street or other public or private driveway, parking lot or
way within the City limits. Prima facie evidence of unnecessary exhibition of speed is any of the
following: (a) unreasonable squealing or screeching sounds emitted by tires; (b) the throwing of
sand or gravel by tires; (c) unreasonable skid, sway or slide upon acceleration or stopping.

Thats the definition for my area.... none of those things occurred... So hopefully i can get the charge lowered at least a little.

Old 12-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Site Moderator

It sounds like you have a pretty good case.. Id recommend look at your ticket and set up an appt. with the prosecuting atty.. Talk to him, tell him your story.. and that you were in fact not drag racing, and from waht you can tell were not breaking any laws... Im sure he will at very least bring it down.

Old 12-01-2007, 01:28 PM
1st Gear

Those are just examples of definitions, it is up to the officer to determine his own interpretation of the V.C., if I would have caught you doing that, I would have cited you for it. However, if you got beligerant, or I thought you were trying to lie to me, you would have gotten wreckless driving, speed contest, and unnecessary exhibition of speed, which most likely would result in a short loss of your license.

That is of course only if you were driving anything other than an S4, as I am extra nice to them........But oh if you were driving an M3........haha.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:52 PM
2nd Gear

so u can get stopped for accelerating kinda hard while being under the speed limit? weird? i m guessing it doesn't pertain to accerating on a highway which I have to do frequently so I'm not stuck on the on ramp. thanks for the tips lambopilot! I now drive speed limit max now after being stopped a few times which I beat. lol.

Old 12-01-2007, 05:20 PM
1st Gear

While there is no law here in IL about speeding up to the speed limit, A cop with nothing better to do may still right you something. or like many around here, will "observe" you doing something potentially illegal and find something that they can make illegal to write out a ticket. I work at a traffic school here in the western suburbs of chi and the teachers here today said that your drag racing ticket may have not been the right one but nonetheless may have still gave him a right to give you one. They said that with the help of a lawyer you should easily be able to knock it down to a speeding ticket or less.

Also see if you can check your local ordinances, many towns have strict local ordinances that are rediculous and they dont carry over from town to town so they may only apply in some areas so be careful. Ive heard about many kids getting in trouble for pointless things because of a local ordinance nobody knew about except for a select few. Kinda BS but what can we do?

Old 12-01-2007, 06:55 PM
1st Gear

I like to follow around ricers with my finger on the wig-wags till they cross a yellow line, or just barely put a tire on it, then I go over thier car with a fine tooth comb.......I have NEVER walked away from one of those unsatisfied, and with less than 2 violations, I LOVE CAemmisions laws.........but hate them when it comes to playing around with my own cars. But then again, every time I pull out my ID, I flash my shield.......so, never gotten a ticket.

By the way, I put flowmasters on my cruiser a few months ago.....haha.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:02 PM
1st Gear

^^ nice of you play by the rules. This is whats wrong with society.

Quick Reply: Police incounter