S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Pirelli P-Zero Nero M&S tires...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 08:05 PM
1st Gear
Default Pirelli P-Zero Nero M&S tires...

A little late to ask if they're worth the price difference over the Yokohama AVS ES100's, since I already made the plunge and bought the Pirellis, but, anyone know how they compare?

I have AVS ES100's on my SVX and they perform quite well, specially in wet weather. The Pirellis were more expensive but unfortunately I had no choice since they didn't have 4 ES100's in stock at my local Discount Tire and it was a bit of an emergency (big screw in one of my Toyo Proxes).

Any input or good review links? I've found a few but the reviews aren't "comparison" minded, more of just a single tire review.

Old 06-01-2005, 10:26 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Pirelli P-Zero Nero M&S tires...

Don't know how they compare, but I have PZero Nero's (non M+S's) and they are great tires.

I wanted the PS2's but couldn't get the quick enough in my size.

But, I've pushed them many times and they're great !!

kj

Old 06-02-2005, 08:28 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Pirelli P-Zero Nero M&S tires...

ORIGINAL: kujo

Don't know how they compare, but I have PZero Nero's (non M+S's) and they are great tires.

I wanted the PS2's but couldn't get the quick enough in my size.

But, I've pushed them many times and they're great !!

kj
That's good to know... So far they've performed quite well, specially in the rain. I'm not regretting it... Just wish they wouldn't have set me back so much! That could've gone towards suspension, or my K04's savings funds...

The difference between the M&S and non is the rubber compound in the M&S is supposed to be a little bit more flexible even if the weather's cold... However, the theory is that the non-M&S has better dry traction.

I figure if the difference is minimal, then it's all good... Besides, it rains here often and when it does the temps go down. I guess I got the right kind of tire for the weather. If I move back to the Dallas area, I'll try and hunt down the non M&S's... (For some reason, I can't find them up here...)