S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Piggie Application

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 03:07 PM
1st Gear
Default Piggie Application

Just ordered my Piggies from Mike at VAST.
Can you guys tell me if I need any accessories that aren't included like DV's or CL eliminators, sensors? What price am I looking at for the DPinstallation, or is it possible to do it myself using ramps and whatever wrenches I have in the garage? Any additional info on piggie application would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:41 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Piggie Application

I think you could just put them on yourself if your mechanically skilled. At least I would try. A buddy of mine has a friend with an S4 and said that it was a PITA to get the DPs out around the axle or something like that, but it was done by him. I've never done it before so I'm not quite sure about it though. And do you have any pictures of your car that I can see? I just want tint on my car but don't know what to get. I'm thinking 35% but I don't know if its too dark since the cops crack down on tint here in michigan.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:34 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the info on the piggies. I would imagine it's not that easy especially without the proper tools.
I don't have pictures up yet. The only ones I have are taken at twilight and kinda poor quality so you can't tell how the tint really looks. 35% is dark enough in my opion, and makes the car look really great.Anything else is ghetto, plus the cops might pull you over. I've been pulled over only at night and the cop didn't mention anything. The guy I bought it from said that cops didn't give him ****. In my state I can have tint on the rear doors and rear window, but not the front side windows. Mine is all around and I haven't gotten a fine *yet*.
If you are nearing inspection time, I would get that done first and then tint.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:53 PM
1st Gear

Alright thanks. In my area I don't have to get inspections on my car, so hopefully I will be fine with that. But I bought my previous car in florida and brought in back up here to Michigan and of course the windows were tinted ( I'm not sure how much though) and I was pulled over just for my tint[:@]. But...it was a flashy car, not ricer, but it stood out and I'm kind of hoping that with my S it wont get the cops attention. I might just get the two rear doors and back window tinted 35% for now, and wait to get the front ones tinted when its warmer and I can roll the windows down without freezing my butt off.

Oh yea I forgot, but I know there is a mod you can do that guts the cats and that is considered piggie pipes. And there is a write up on how to do it, so you may be able to just follow the instructions on how to remove the old ones and just put the new ones on. It would just be a lot easier for you since you've already got them modded. I think its just a bunch of bolts holding them on, unless I am talking out of my rear and am talking about the wrong pipes lol. This might help...

http://www.s4biturbo.com/art-piggiepipes.php

Old 01-10-2008, 07:29 PM
3rd Gear

You also need to lengthen the secondary O2's wire about 10in.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:42 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the help. i think i should probably leave this to a professional.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:40 AM
1st Gear

Definitely have a professional do it if you are trying to do it on your back. You need to be able to slide the pipe down and back. Not something that is going to be easy with the car on ramps.

I had a Audi meet at my place a few months back. I have a lift in my garage andone of the guys were talking about how they had piggies but havn't installed them yet. We were able to getthem installedbut it definitely was a piece of work and several hours. Getting the piggies was one of the best things you can do for your car. If you run into any issues the guys at vast are pretty good about helping out even after the purchase. Not only that but they have a ton of other stuff for the 2.7

As for the 02's you don't actually have to lengthen them there is enough slack. But to get the slack you need to disconnect the wire from the body of the car (where the wire goes threw a plastic zip tie) then just run the wire down the body of the trans.