S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Performance enhancements

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 02:04 PM
3rd Gear

Most chips are pretty similar, but APR tends to be on the conservative side. You can do much better then that, as was posted before Jason (Jay) Harbinson and VAST performance are the best places to go for the B6/B7, vast offers 4.2 chips!

www.JHmotorsports.com
www.vastperformance.com

Originally Posted by justincredible
WOW WAY wrong.

N/A B6 S4's are almost in the 12's after next to no performance mods for the past 4 years.

There are plenty of parts from JH motorsports (JHM) and vast performance
long tube headers
light weight rotors front and rear
light weight crank pulley
intake spacers
Short Shifter Solid shifter upgrades
coolant bypass for the elbow
so far the strongest performing ECU tune
light weight fly wheel
Stage 2-3 clutch set ups
limited slip adjustments
::developing::
A cat back
intake porting
NOS kit with all the safety parts needed just for the B6 S4

At this point the N/A JHM cars are just as fast as the supercharged cars that are out there. Now obviously the supercharged cars are not running to there full potential. But then again none of us running low 13's or high 12's spent 11k either
I want to see some of those supercharger kits tuned to their potential on a car with lots of good parts! Any word on the public release, are they allready for sale?

Old 03-15-2009, 04:02 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Trippin
OK, thanks for the encouragement, is anyone familiar with the following ECM upgrade?

http://shop.achtuning.com/index.asp?...ROD&ProdID=512
APR is great for sure a big 2nd to what SourDieselS4 said very conservative

performance wise you would be best off with the JHM/VAST. They have been track proven by several people. Not only that but the feed back from JHM is great. If you have a car at a certain stage Jay will make sure you have the correct program for it. Then when you step up you can get updated.

As a side note. VAST and JHM work together on the V8 development. So I went to vast to get my JHM chip. In the end you have 2 great company's making real performance products and there past track record with the 2.7T is a good reference

Last edited by justincredible; 03-15-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:27 PM
1st Gear

Ok then, thanks, I'll check with JHM.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:51 PM
1st Gear
Default Vast

Tried to call JHM today no one would pick up the phone, I can dig it, I'd much rather communicate via e-mail myself. So I called VAST and spoke with Prince, he seemed real knowledgable and I appreciated his input. He said that I really should start with the exhaust system and work my way towards the ECM upgrade. Good advice, I can't crank out 1500HP from one of my motors without proper exhaust components. I'll just have to do everything with the car backwards since I'm not rigging it from the word go.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:18 PM
2nd Gear

The most noticeable and cheap upgrade you can do is a rear swaybar. $250 and you will notice a big difference in handling. After that, exhaust. The power gains aren't huge but they are noticeable, and the sound will make you happy every time you drive. A chip will give you a little better throttle control but virtually no power gain. I put coilovers on as well and that helped handling quite a bit. On the supercharger, there is one out there for $10K and they are looking for someone to be the first sedan to put it in. I was going to do it but someone else had a better idea of where I should spend my money. If you are in CA I can hook you up. I think the other shop is in NJ or PA.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:48 PM
2nd Gear

jh motorsports by the way and again.. with out forced induction a freer flowing exhaust is going to do the most for you.. that apr chip was going to give you only 12bhp for about 600 bucks.. holy ****.. i almost wanna say rape.. no.. wait a minute.. i am gonna say that.. RAPE!!!!

Old 03-16-2009, 11:20 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Trippin
Tried to call JHM today no one would pick up the phone, I can dig it, I'd much rather communicate via e-mail myself. So I called VAST and spoke with Prince, he seemed real knowledgable and I appreciated his input. He said that I really should start with the exhaust system and work my way towards the ECM upgrade. Good advice, I can't crank out 1500HP from one of my motors without proper exhaust components. I'll just have to do everything with the car backwards since I'm not rigging it from the word go.
If you call Jay leave him a message and say you talked to justincredible he will call you back lol. I have 4 friends that went to the track with me and they called for parts after they saw then raced against my car at the track. Jay is busy as hell but if you can talk to him you are good. Prince is cool as hell too I have talked to him in person they flashed my car at vast (the ECU file) and installed my second set of Dp's I modded.

The best part is both guys will work with you all the way. Not just sell you something and never help you again. You have to like that there not just selling you anything but pointing you in the proper direction. That was something I always liked and continue to like about them. I ordered the headers from Jh motorsports and should be getting them in the next month or so as Im not ready to install them just yet

bigern45 dam do they at least rub your back and take you out to dinner with the price of the chip? Be glad you didn't spend the 1000 on giac and go slower then stock. There were 2 guys with GIAC chips and it was sad they had about the same mods as me but they were both no faster then stock. The one guy I didn't know all that well and when I gave him a ride in my car he was shocked and pissed that I spent 1/2 as much on a chip and got twice the results.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:46 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by justincredible
If you call Jay leave him a message and say you talked to justincredible he will call you back lol. I have 4 friends that went to the track with me and they called for parts after they saw then raced against my car at the track. Jay is busy as hell but if you can talk to him you are good. Prince is cool as hell too I have talked to him in person they flashed my car at vast (the ECU file) and installed my second set of Dp's I modded.

The best part is both guys will work with you all the way. Not just sell you something and never help you again. You have to like that there not just selling you anything but pointing you in the proper direction. That was something I always liked and continue to like about them. I ordered the headers from Jh motorsports and should be getting them in the next month or so as Im not ready to install them just yet

bigern45 dam do they at least rub your back and take you out to dinner with the price of the chip? Be glad you didn't spend the 1000 on giac and go slower then stock. There were 2 guys with GIAC chips and it was sad they had about the same mods as me but they were both no faster then stock. The one guy I didn't know all that well and when I gave him a ride in my car he was shocked and pissed that I spent 1/2 as much on a chip and got twice the results.
yeah.. that HAD to suck...

Old 03-17-2009, 05:05 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bigern45
yeah.. that HAD to suck...
It is kinda odd cause you see people kinda go threw there thought processes and you can see them saying $#%$^%$#^%^ in there heads. But then I just say think of all the new power you can get out of the car now with a good chip....ITs the best spin I can think of