S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Outside Air Temp Sensor P/N and locat

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Default Outside Air Temp Sensor P/N and locat

Well my outside temperature has been going crazy lately. It has got down as low as 27°F when it's been nearly 90 everyday here in Mass. lately. Anyone know of a supplier for these and better yet know where the sensor is located? I've heard it's in the bumper but would love a picture or diagram of what exactly I'm looking for. I'd like to check to see if it's just a loose connection. Does an improper temp from that sensor have any effect on anything else in the car? I'm figuring it's only purpose is for the read out on the center display. Thanks guys.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Default RE: Outside Air Temp Sensor P/N and locat

^+1 I dont know how inaccurate they are to begin with, but when its 65 and im reading 80 thats not right. i just kinda ignore it but if i could fix it that would be sweeeeet.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:53 PM

Anyone know if this part from ECS Tuning ES7330 is what I'm looking for? For $35 it might not hurt to just get me one.

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/...mp;engine=2.7T

Old 07-09-2008, 01:28 PM

I just heard back from ECS and the part I listed above is the correct part. It's located behind the front bumper attached to the core support. So for $35 not too bad.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get to without removing the front bumper. I just saw APRs snub mount pdf that explains how to remove the bumper and would love to hear it can be done without removing it. I'm figuring it will be a good time to do it when I change the oil anyways.

Thanks for any tips on this or the bumper removal.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:51 PM
2nd Gear

I doubt it man. You can try pulling the belly pan off and seeing if you can cram your hand(s) in behind the front bumper, but it's prolly just going to cut the $hit out of your hands and **** you off there isn't much room in there. Prolly better off removing the bumper.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:20 AM

Yeah I don't have little kid hands but I wish I did sometimes! This car seems like it's meant for little hands. It took me 5 minutes just to get the lower clip of the air box back on since I didn't have a long enough screw driver.I'm hoping to take a look at it this weekend when I change the oil.