S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

New S4 vs Old S4

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 11:28 PM
4th Gear
Default New S4 vs Old S4

Today i drove a brand new 2004 Audi S4, and also a 2002 Audi S4. To tell you the truth, I liked them both. Sure the new S4 had the V8 more power, but the 2002 S4 was alos jut as nice. To hear those twin turbos spool is awsome and mod them right they are just as fast as the new S4. The S4 engine is outstanding performance and sound. So tell me what you think on them.............

Old 08-16-2004, 06:47 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: New S4 vs Old S4

think about the 4.2L V8 with a supercharger (its just a matter of time). plus the new body is way better and so are the seats. I've got an 04 S4 nogaro blue and I can't wait to get some mods, but these things take time....

Old 08-17-2004, 03:52 PM
3rd Gear

I'm from the old school.

The biturbo is amazing.
The styling is a subjective issue - whitefolks likes the new style and I like the old style - to each his own.

Old 08-18-2004, 11:42 PM
1st Gear

yes, I think we can all agree that audis are great looking cars...if we differ only on the model year I'd say thats pretty good

Old 08-19-2004, 05:47 PM
1st Gear

i got a brilliant red audi 2004 S4 and im lovin it, yes i wish there was a competitive market for mods right now but there isnt. the exhaust system i want to get is like 2500 dollars, GODDAMN.... but its worth it...

im a fan of the new body style, actually im thinkin about a body kit by uberhaus. (thanxs to lltek.com)
and yes the exhaust will give a gain of at least 40 Hp, then the supercharger on top...think of the possibilties....god i love dreamin big

Old 08-23-2004, 08:02 PM
1st Gear

S4sick are you looking at the quad exhaust kit from uberhaus, thats the one that I'm thinking about. mine is nogaro blue and I'm totally satisfied (for now) with the body except for the grey plastic surrounding the tailpipes in the back. personally I think the pipes could be bigger and I like the quad look, kind of looks like the M3 but bigger (which is the way it should be!). if you have new rims then post a pic 'cus I'm looking around for those too.

you're right about the market being ridiculously priced, but this is only the beginning. its just fun to think about these things (superchargers, exhaust, etc.), if you're like me you're loving the car right now and knowing that its only going to get better!

what kind of exhaust are you looking at? $2500 is pretty steep. I'm a newbie when it comes to serious mods (never had a car that was worth sinking money into until now...) but I have been a car enthusiast for a long time. I imagine this forum will be good for lots of info when the time comes.

Old 09-07-2004, 04:47 AM
1st Gear

yes i saw that mod, looks real nice, but unless i get the full body kit from uberhaus as well, im prolly gonna go with the APR full system...not sure, still pending decision. check it out.

exhaust

and yes im lookin at some chrome wheels (pls not rims) either from tirerack.com, or wheelmax.com, both have some good deals... and yes man im LOVIN the audi....i dont think ill ever get a different brand vehicle for as long as affordable.

Old 09-07-2004, 11:04 PM
1st Gear

It's a tough call, I love the new S4s, but mods are still expensive and there isn't much selection out there at the moment (at least in ralation to the old S4). I will always hold a special place in my heart for the B5 due to the simple fact that they are so easily and relatively cheaply modifiable. I love the bi-turbo too. I also like the idea of paying half as much and getting a car that is pretty much on par.

So I guess I would have to put my vote in for the B5 as of now, but I know as the years pass I will likely lean more toward the 8E as it gains some rep and new mod kits come out.

Old 09-09-2004, 02:20 AM

sorry to disrupt your orgasms but there is no way to fit a supercharger on a new s4. it cant be done. Audi had to move the pullies and belt from the front of the engine aand switch to cogs and a chain in the rear of the engine to get it to fit inside that engine bay. but the S4 does have 411 ft/lbs of torque

Old 09-09-2004, 12:55 PM
1st Gear

don't be so sure David.... check this small update on the bottom of the link bellow. about 2005 RS4.
http://motortrend.com/future/spied/112_2005fvf/

i have my doubts, but we will see.

here is the other opinion about it.
http://www.edmunds.com/future/2005/a...denav..0.Audi*