S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

New to Audi. Two easy questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Default New to Audi. Two easy questions.

Hello,
This is my first post. I just purchased a 2000 Audi S4 with 84,000 miles. So far I LOVE this car! I've searched the forums but can't find an answer so I thought it best to just ask. And now the questions.

1) How to I get to the fog lights to replace the bulbs? I can get the headlight off easily enough and took off the bottom cover but I can't seem to get to the fog lights from any angle.

2) With the engine running, the hood up and listening to the engine, it ticks in idle. Is that normal, does it indicate a lifter problem or any other thoughts?

Thanks all. I look forward to being a member of the AudiForums community!

Old 05-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Default RE: New to Audi. Two easy questions.

you have to pull the front grills from the bumper out to get at the fogs

Old 05-07-2007, 02:45 PM

Do they just pull straight out? Sorry I'm kinda new to Audi. My last project was a Ford.

Here is my last project: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/800208

Old 05-07-2007, 02:56 PM

you've just stepped into a whole new world lol, they will just pop right out with a little swearing and a lot of pulling. Startpulling on the edges closest to the center of the bumper, after you get on of them off you'll see why...with the angle of the tabs holding them in. After they are out just 3 screws hold each fog light in.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:43 PM

An update on the ticking sound. The speed of the ticking is like a baseball card in the spokes of a bike. A steady click-click-click...maybe 3 or 4 clicks per second.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:45 PM
SoCal Crew Member

maybe a loud injector? ...... listen with a stethescope...or long screw driver to identify where exactly the noise is comming from...
and welcome to the forums!

Old 05-07-2007, 07:31 PM
1st Gear

On other cars I have owned, a ticking noise like that comes from the valves. Adjusting the valve clearance used to make the problem go away for a while.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:32 PM
2nd Gear

If it kinda sounds like a bloom sweeping really fast it could be your water pump, if not check the injectors like jetspeed said.

Also nice work trading in your "F*cked on Race Day"... did I say that? Ment FORD

Old 05-08-2007, 03:39 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Woodhead2k

Also nice work trading in your "F*cked on Race Day"... did I say that? Ment FORD

LMFAO........

Old 05-08-2007, 12:47 PM

lol Donut hate. It's been a great truck. Just need something with better gas mileage. I plan on replacing it with an old rusted POS F-150 4x4 for some off-roading fun.

In other news: I pulled the fog light with no trouble thanks to your instructions! (I love it here already). Put a new bulb in and nothing happened. [:@]Guess I need to keep looking for a solution. I'll let you know when I find it.

Quick Reply: New to Audi. Two easy questions.