S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

NEED EXPERTISE ON S4 EMBLEM!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 05:19 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: NEED EXPERTISE ON S4 EMBLEM!

ORIGINAL: lazyjayz

ORIGINAL: six14life

ORIGINAL: lazyjayz

oh ok, do you know if I can install this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-...QQcmdZViewItem

I bought the front s4 emblem about 1 month ago and I've been trying to figure out if I can cilp this on and how?

btw i like how you changed your grill, did you get that on ecstuning.com?
My apologies for linking you to the wrong badge. I forgot it's an S4.
Nevertheless, it will work. Just remove your "Quattro" emblem by popping the clips out with a tiny flathead wrapped with some 3M tape so you do not scratch your emblem or grille.Remember which way the clips bite down to hold the emblem (If they come completely off the grille), place and snap clipback on the grille and insert your new S4 badge. You are going to need something keep the clips in place in order for them to connect to the S4 badge. Remember,one clip at a time. I believe I used my idex finger to hold the back of the clip from moving. Make sure they are butted up to the grille snug prior to inserting the badge. The clips can be a bit stubborn, but be patient.

I hope this helps, I probably just confused the **** out of you, but it will work.
Are you refering to my grille panel that is painted? I sanded it down myself, epoxy primered it, sanded it some more, two coats PPG Brilliant Black, and two coats PPG clear.1 final cut, and abeautiful buff.

Good luck bro.
Dang, good job with the sanding, it looks like you bought a rs4 like grill and just installed it o.o
and umm yeah.. your instructinos confused the HELL outta me lol. Did you happen to take any pictures when you were doing yours or used some kind of online manual? Because I'm afriad of just using a flathead screwdriver and pry the tab off =(
Nah man, no manual or pics. I work on cars for a living.

I got major skills with that Microsoft Paint, so I went ahead and drew you a profile schematic. LOL! I hope this will help. I apologize for leaving out the word "see" in the statement below which should read, "S4 badge slides back into clip until it locks in place. You can see the cutouts where the clip will secures it on the back."

Name:  emblem.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  38.4 KB

Old 11-25-2007, 10:50 PM
1st Gear

get it?

Old 11-26-2007, 03:43 AM
3rd Gear

Six14life youve got a sweet car, very clean.

I noticed you have the b6/b7 s-line badge on your s4. in the picture in your post above. Lazyjayz has been linking to this, and its in your drawing as well.

That badge is for the b5 s4, it just kind of squeezes into the diamond pattern on the b5 holding itself in place. My question is this a way to modify the b5 badge to fit on the b6/b7? I am 100% sure they mount completly differntly because theyre for different models.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:43 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: HP Addict

Six14life youve got a sweet car, very clean.

I noticed you have the b6/b7 s-line badge on your s4. in the picture in your post above. Lazyjayz has been linking to this, and its in your drawing as well.

That badge is for the b5 s4, it just kind of squeezes into the diamond pattern on the b5 holding itself in place. My question is this a way to modify the b5 badge to fit on the b6/b7? I am 100% sure they mount completly differntly because theyre for different models.
HP ADDICT,

Thanks for the compliments. I just realized the badgehe bought is for a B5, and yes you are correct it will install differently. I also noticed this morning, there is no chrome on the b7 version.

Lazyjayz will have to purchase the correct badge for his b7 either going down to the dealer or searching for it on eBay. I searched and searched for a b7 model S4 emblem oneBayto find nothing. I dont think the dealers price would be too outrageous, it's quite small. I know the S-Line emblems run about $40/ea. at the dealer.

As far as using the current emblem, I am sure you can modify it or become creative and figure out a way to retrofit it. It will take some thought to come up with a plan to so, but it won't be the most difficult thing to do.