S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

my rs6 build

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 01:28 AM
2nd Gear

hey.. what do you guys think of this?? im trying to figure between this or ssautochrome... wondered which one allowed more flow.. i guess thats the biggest question.. this one looks pretty dang solid..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-...%3A1|72%3A1171

lemme know fellers.. still at only 8 psi.. :-(

Old 07-17-2009, 05:28 PM
2nd Gear

still at 8 psi. i try calling. no response.. email.. finally get one at the end of the day. "go try this file, if not, let me know asap and will get you a shipping label to send to us." so i do that well before 430, their closing time, and get back to them.. no response, no shipping label. **** outta luck. guess ill go another weekend without help or tech support. YAY...

Old 07-20-2009, 07:22 PM
2nd Gear

ecu is off.. theyll have it tomorrow and itll be bench loaded and sent back to me.. ill have it wednesday morning.. ill let youll know how 380 whp for the first time feels....

Old 07-21-2009, 08:47 PM
2nd Gear

i have delivery confirmation and they got it at 9:25 a.m... i have yet to receive an email and confirm that it has been shipped to me.. no call either.. oh well.. lets just hope i get it by 10:30 a.m....

Old 07-22-2009, 07:37 PM
2nd Gear

OMG!! i got my ecu today.. installed it and ... jesus christ ... it is a beast.. it stinks i cant really get on it though, as its been raining all day.. got out on a straight road and gun it in 2nd and right about 3500 all four break loose.. i got it on a straight stretch of open highway and 3rd and 4th pulls are SCARY!!!! and peak boost in 3rd was 23 psi!!!! ridiculous scary.. i shifted to 4th and was paying so much attention to the road didnt notice the speed till i glanced down and was well over 100, with the car viciously climbing ... i let off the gas.. decelerated to 60... and was content cruising on home, barely getting into boost at all..

the car feels amazing at 15 psi, 23 psi is a freaking beast im just trying to contain..

now i gotta get some custom exhaust and an x-pipe installed to get a lil more flow and low end grunt....

Old 07-22-2009, 07:51 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by bigern45
OMG!! i got my ecu today.. installed it and ... jesus christ ... it is a beast.. it stinks i cant really get on it though, as its been raining all day.. got out on a straight road and gun it in 2nd and right about 3500 all four break loose.. i got it on a straight stretch of open highway and 3rd and 4th pulls are SCARY!!!! and peak boost in 3rd was 23 psi!!!! ridiculous scary.. i shifted to 4th and was paying so much attention to the road didnt notice the speed till i glanced down and was well over 100, with the car viciously climbing ... i let off the gas.. decelerated to 60... and was content cruising on home, barely getting into boost at all..

the car feels amazing at 15 psi, 23 psi is a freaking beast im just trying to contain..

now i gotta get some custom exhaust and an x-pipe installed to get a lil more flow and low end grunt....

Hell yeah thats what i want to hear! I want to see some fly-by videos

Old 07-22-2009, 07:51 PM

how much power do you think your putting down?

Old 07-22-2009, 08:27 PM
2nd Gear

well tony said with my set up at 20 psi it would be around 390 whp or so. he said his tune allowed for 23 psi, it would just depend on how the wastegates were set up on the turbos as to how much boost it would allow, but it would be between 20 and 23psi. well it peeked at 23!!! (thanks mike at VAST). so im guessing maybe 400 whp.. then hopefully once i get my custom exhaust with more flow (prob next couple of weeks) ill be putting closer to 430 or so to the ground.. then with a new bigger fuel pump and methanol (in the next month or so) 490 to 500 whp.. i think im going with a custom dual 2.5 inch all the way back with an x-pipe and a magnaflow exhaust. its a little more than i want to spend but at this point why would i try and save 300 bucks when i could gain 20 to 30 bhp or so?? ya know??

Old 07-22-2009, 08:31 PM
2nd Gear

whether or not boost tapers towards redline, i couldnt tell you.. i honestly was to scared with the rain and all to even notice how close i was to redline, i shifted at 6500 or less every time today.. ill let everyone know when i get a dry day to run, and ill get some videos posted and stuff within the next week..

Old 07-24-2009, 12:48 AM
2nd Gear

okay...lol..no taper at all to redline on this beast.. the pull is so ferocious its unbelievable... but.. quick question.. to all who may understand tuning and such.. on the first major road trip in this beast and the first high speed interstate pulls....heading towards dayton ohio on highway 75.. ran into a traffic jam.. in 45 minutes drove about 2 miles.. when traffic lifted and i was able to open her up again, peak boost was at about 24 to 25 psi... now i was told my tune was set for 23 psi at the most.. so is it because i wasnt running super hot that i was able to build so much boost? or is something wrong that i should be worried about??? or is this good?? i noticed no problems whatsoever when pulling that much boost, and i know that with RS6's doing this occasionally will not destroy an engine as long as i dont beat it up all day.. but i mean.. what gives? what is the cause of this?? after about 10 minutes or so of driving peak boost started to drop back down to 23 psi.. car hasnt bucked or hesitated at all.. its a freaking animal.. and dear god.. if i had remembered my camera id have posted some videos... and sixth gear pulls are ridiculous.... as long as your doing 65 or 70... youll be at 110 in about 4 to 5 seconds by just matting it to the floor.. unbelievable what that thrust will do even in that gear.. and its not even close to peak boost..

Quick Reply: my rs6 build