S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

my rs6 build

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 12:50 AM
2nd Gear

okay,.. so i over reacted a bit with how unhappy i was with EPL... well.. as soon as tony had internet available to him, we started contact up again via email and got it all sorted out pretty good. at first i didnt have a tune to download onto my car.. then.. we put the EPL flashloader on my laptop and desktop, the download would not go to my car at all.. just kept getting "flashloader failure" with both pc and laptop.... so tony told me more than likely there was a REVO software flash on the ecu that would restrict that and have to be manually worked on.. anywho, tony had me next day air Dave up at EPL my ecu, he got it and found out that apparently the stock ecu that was sent to me was coded differently for the gauge cluster in my car, prohibiting any type of flash with the ecu. dave coded my ecu.. bench loaded the program, next day aired me my ecu, and after an hour or so with it up on the rack fixing exhaust leaks and such.. MY CAR IS BEING DRIVEN AGAIN!!!! it is running at only 8 psi of peak boost so i can make sure the build is complete and good and the clutch is broken in properly. monday, ill get a file that allows 20 psi of boost!!! SWEET.. cant wait.. and with the RS6 turbos flowing more air you can tell the car is way more powerful than stock due to higher volume flow.. so im guessing ive got around 280 at the crank right now.. monday ill be almost double that baby!!! and a pretty cool thing is that i cant really tell much of a difference with lag. .. i know they start spooling at the same time but the RS6's are much louder and they seem to build up steam just a wee bit slower than the k03's .. and im sure 20 psi will take quite a bit more..i do know the 034 motorsports mounts transform the car.. at idle it doesnt feel like a sophisticated foreign luxury sport.. it just feels sport.. and the engine gets angry.. its like a beast with chains holding it back waiting to be released.. i cant wait!!!! ill post more pics and definitely have some video on youtube of the maiden pulls....

Old 07-12-2009, 06:56 AM
3rd Gear

Im glad you and tony got stuff sorted out, sometimes you just run into something unexpected, they wouldnt take your money and just give you the finger. When you have the 475 whp youll be singing their praises. I know theres alot of hype about vast+JHM but EPL has been around for a long time and theres ALOT of EPL tuned cars up here in the northeast.

The break in period must be killing you. I really wish i had gone with the RS6's now too. Where did you get them and did you have to get new flanges put on your downpipes?

Pictures of your wife are funny, dont get grease + oil on those pants! haha

Old 07-12-2009, 09:04 AM
2nd Gear

yeah, they sound like leer jet spooling up, im sure that it has to do with the 3" dp's as well.. and it pulls so hard to redline even at 8psi.. you can tell that were barely getting into the tip of the iceberg with what they can do. and at 20 psi which is my first stage of this project theyll be putting out the same whp as a k04 car without meth and such..375 to around 390 whp... so when i install the meth and a bigger fuel pump.. wow... i did have different flanges that i had to install, but they came with the RS6 turbos when i bought them. and i got them from jibberjive, as he was going to build an rs6 car and decided after he bought them to go with a gt kit.... so i got a great deal, they had been worked over by mike at VAST and already had the RS4 wastegates installed and all.. so pretty much mark up the dp's and weld away, although i do wish that i had a REAL company weld them on.. like your dp's look beautiful, seemless... i had a local guy do these and its not nearly as clean as id like, although the job was done good...and break in is killing me.. its like im purposely not flooring it when i drive.. but i am.. the beast will be unleased soon enough... paitence.. ya know? ive come this far.. a few more days is worth the wait...

Old 07-12-2009, 07:32 PM
3rd Gear

Sounds sick. Heres another barrage of questions for you haha What are your plans for a fuel pump, Bosch 044? Or an inline walboro 255? Are you going to be tapping the APR bipipe for the meth? Im trying to ditch my APR bipipe for some Genx/ARD bipipes with meth bungs in them, with the rs6's you could get a little performance gain and better throttle response because theyre bigger, but its back to a silicone TBB boot. 2 steps forward, one step back.... Whats your intercooler situation, did you get ER's like me?

The full RS6's are bad ***, im just going to have to make due with my puny played out K04's that i bought last fall. Ill probably run them on the ragged edge untill they blow haha. Id be sad cutting up my downpipes, the transition from the teardrop flange to the 3" pipe is perfectly smooth as it is. Perhaps k04 hybrids are in my future, then again i bet 400whp (my goal) will be exciting for a long time.

Remember paitence is a virtue

Old 07-13-2009, 12:40 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by SourDieselS4
Sounds sick. Heres another barrage of questions for you haha What are your plans for a fuel pump, Bosch 044? Or an inline walboro 255? Are you going to be tapping the APR bipipe for the meth? Im trying to ditch my APR bipipe for some Genx/ARD bipipes with meth bungs in them, with the rs6's you could get a little performance gain and better throttle response because theyre bigger, but its back to a silicone TBB boot. 2 steps forward, one step back.... Whats your intercooler situation, did you get ER's like me?

The full RS6's are bad ***, im just going to have to make due with my puny played out K04's that i bought last fall. Ill probably run them on the ragged edge untill they blow haha. Id be sad cutting up my downpipes, the transition from the teardrop flange to the 3" pipe is perfectly smooth as it is. Perhaps k04 hybrids are in my future, then again i bet 400whp (my goal) will be exciting for a long time.

Remember paitence is a virtue
well.. i had looked at 034 motorsports at the walboro.. and to be honest.. thats it.. i just wanna make sure that the fuel is there on demand.. ya know?? so any other options is discussable at this point. tony even suggested going with some old school setups that will work perfectly, though at about 450 or so i think thats a little much when you can get that pump for 100.. so im debating that right now.. lemme know any advice or knowledge of.. and that would be great..
and as far as the ARD bipipes.. i had thought of that.. even though honestly im a little leery as far as dealing with companies that change names and coexist with another company.. or whatever the case may be.. i know that tony mentioned the siemens injectors that they used to use were bullet proof till they merged with another company.. now there failures are all over the place.. so i just keep that in mind cause they go with bosch injectors now.. but at the same time.. how much tech support do you need with bipipes??? maybe a upgrade for me when i decide to go meth and a bigger fuel pump.. whats that setup run .. btw??
and intercoolers.. they are some knock off.. not near as big as ER's.. but they are still much bigger and all aluminum compared to the stock ones.. for what i need they will do at this point.. again.. intercoolers .. the bigger.. the better for sustained performance.. but the short bursts of speed and such that im going to be doing most of the time, itll not be as much of a need with huge ones.. though i do have to say that money was the big factor as to why i chose the ones i did.. believe me.. ER's were on the wish list...but goddamn.. 1300??? about 800 more than what i paid..
and to be honest.. i only got the RS6's because of the deal i got.. K04's where were i was going.. but when that opportunity opened up i jumped all over it... cause even now if i wanna go more bad assed.. just throw in some rods and keep everything the same.. and run 32 psi and just destroy tires ..lol..and i also agree.. i may wait awhile to go with a new fuel pump and methanol.. im sure 390 whp is amazing compared to the 260 or so that i was putting out with my APR K03's.. ill know in like one day what its like.. SWEET!!!

side note.. i had mentioned before how my syncros where going bad..well.. when i removed my clutch it was worn past the rivets.. and now.. even though i have only shifted at 7000 a few times.. i have no grinding.. im assuming its because i have a new clutch.. and that may have been the problem the entire time i was grinding..oh well .. we will see...

Old 07-13-2009, 06:41 AM
3rd Gear

The ARD bipipes are under $300, people who iv talked to with them really like them. I do know what you mean though, its a pretty unestablished company at this point in time. I couldnt even find an email address, i sent a message through the website and i havent gotten a response yet, then again its only been a couple of days. The site also says sold out for 2-3 weeks due to demand. I have found a potential set used in a motor part out with no bungs, but he needs to sell the motor first. I wont order from ARD untill get some sort of correspondence. I do like the looks of them better than my APR bipipe though. http://www.ardesign.org/main.sc;jses...8.qscstrfrnt02

I think im going to go with an bosch 044 pump for my setup, iv heard good stuff and i found them for $265 at ctsturbo.com. The only drawback is that i need the basket, strainer, and some hardware (inclused in the 034 kit for over $400, but definitly dosnt cost $150) but i dont know where to get it... I dont really need it for k04's but thats just how i do things...above and beyond whats "nessicary"

Running the RS6's safely on a stock block in the 20's is still much uch better than pushing the k04's to their limits in the mid 20's to achieve similar power. Your right the intercoolers really help the most with heatsoak on repeat runs, and if you do with water/meth injection it does such a great job lowering IAT's that it pretty much levels the playing feild as far as intercoolers go.

I probably should have looked into SB for clutches, that stage 4 sounds like a good piece of kit. The Vast Stage 3 i got is the same thing as a SB stage 3, but im still unhappy about the RS4 pressureplate. Theres alot of horror stories about it, but im not really that hard on my car, no slamming shifts or 5000 rpm clutch drops for me.... I have a feeling your probably the same way. I really wanted a clutchmasters FX400 6 puck buuut it wouldnt work with my current LWFW so it really became a $720 vs $1600 decision.

Keep those fingers crossed that your synchros dont crap out on you, its almost inevitable. Miss a shift with stage 3 power and you could eat em up pretty quick. It allready happened to me, 1st to 2nd usedto be a little rough, then i got the JHM short shifter and that feels buttery smooth, but now 2nd to 3rd is impossible at above part throttle and 3000rpm. Been that way for over a year now so I got the JHM rebuild kit. Its a shame because running through 2nd and 3rd is where all the fun is....

Old 07-13-2009, 05:50 PM
2nd Gear

lol... i know what you mean.. the tranny is so steep its crazy.. ease into first and second and then nail second to third.... and then third to fourth..
everyone i talked to about the RS4 pressure plate had nothing but praise.. maybe i asked the wrong people...but its a done deal now.. so im gonna prepare to do this flash on my ecu tonight or tomorrow morning.. ill let you all know how it goes...;>

Old 07-15-2009, 03:08 AM
2nd Gear

took my buddy for a ride... at only 8 psi he had nothing but smiles..im wondering.. about how much power do i have going right now? it feels like i have more like 300 bhp at the crank, this thing pulls so hard from 5k to 7k its crazy. it doesnt have near the torque at low end as did the k03's with a 17 psi tune from APR, but there is so much more volume with the RS6's, im wondering what type of power am i getting right now?? i was getting 325 bhp and about 390 ft.lbs. of torque with the APR tune, im guessing 300 bhp and around 300 ft.lbs. of torque right now.. if anyone has a clue...let me know.. and the ARD website does look pretty cool.. that garrett kit looks sick....

Old 07-15-2009, 12:06 PM
3rd Gear

When are you loading the 20psi file?

The k03's are running out of steam by 5000rpm, youve got so much more top end potential now with the rs6's, even when compared to k04's thats where the difference is.

How fast it "feels" is really a function of peak TQ but when the TQ is up in the higher RPM's you can take advantage of the gearing and the car will be faster, even if it "feels" similar, also at 8psi you probably have almost no taper at all. Get that new file then see your friends reaction haha

ARD = Genx. I think someone makes the kits for him, now they started a company. theres a couple people that have that kit, one is Ztuned over n QW and his car is SICK. theres some 30-130 pulls on youtube and it is pretty damn fast. This is the email i got from ARD yesterday

"Hello Andrew,

Yes, the product page is correct and up-to-date. We just recently ran out of stock for the ARD 2.7T BiPipe Kits and expect to have them available within two weeks. If you would like to place an order now, you will be guaranteed a set once they are back in stock.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

- AR Design Team"

I will be ordering them tonight

Old 07-15-2009, 06:46 PM
2nd Gear

haha.. when am i loading the 20 ...psi.... well.. haha .. thats a good question..tried calling and emailing yesterday.. no response.. tried calling and emailing today.. no response...so.. im now being the considerate.. "they probably got in after a 2 week vaca and are wrapped up with who knows what.. so ill just politely call and email for the next week or so before i lose it again.."..lol...so im not really sure..

as far as taper.. yeah.. theres like none what so ever with the 8 psi file.. im dieing for the 20.. its gonna be so sick..

thats cool.. nice personal email, and their webpage did look really good...

Quick Reply: my rs6 build