S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

my rs6 build

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 11:35 AM
3rd Gear

475-490 WHP sounds like fun! EPL kicks ***, im going to be heading down there for my fueling + tune later this year.

Hope its all coming together the way you want

Old 06-24-2009, 02:58 PM
SoCal Crew Member

wow... this is impressive

what is your powerband going to look like? how long for those k09's to spool? massive torque spike or smooth onset?

that is a retarded amount of whp. sounds like a lot of fun man.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:44 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by SourDieselS4
475-490 WHP sounds like fun! EPL kicks ***, im going to be heading down there for my fueling + tune later this year.

Hope its all coming together the way you want
i was really wanting to go with jhm just because ive seen their **** everywhere, and i really like the idea of a mbc controlling the boost. but when it didnt work out with them, i talked to a few other places, and tony at EPL is just awesome with explaining things, and tech support and all that.. best thing is.. he and another guy in the shop both have bone stock 2.7t's with RS6 turbos, so they have r+d out the wazzou.. so i really trust their work .. guy knows what hes doing.. ya know??

Old 06-24-2009, 05:48 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by love the booB5
wow... this is impressive

what is your powerband going to look like? how long for those k09's to spool? massive torque spike or smooth onset?

that is a retarded amount of whp. sounds like a lot of fun man.
well, i think spool comes on full bore right over 3500 rpm or so.. and then it pulls like that all the way to redline. 25 psi is well beneath the limits of the rs6 turbo and EPL's tune doesnt taper any at all.. unlike VAST performance's tune which peaks at 24 psi and then tapers to 22 at redline.. and i have no idea about a torque spike or what.. but its gonna be a helluva ride regardless.. i hope torque hits so hard you cant lean forward.. lol...

Old 06-25-2009, 01:14 AM
2nd Gear

okay, one minor misstep .. which shouldnt be a big deal seeing as how EPL and tony have been so helpful up till this step.. i have 6 injectors.. 5 which are the same and 1 that is different.. lol.. so .. im getting ready to install everything up to the point where im waiting for my vag-com cable and EPL's flash to install and i have to stop with the injectors.. no big deal.. i have everything else done.. and im glad i did it tonight.. so i can have an injector by friday and probably drive on sat or sun... and this post goes out to my wife.. who has been so understanding that i cant believe it.. i mean.. she likes diamonds and i like fast cars.. so she has been just as understanding as me. i mean. the apr stage 2+ chip scared the hell outta her.. so this is going to be crazy.. but she has backed me the entire time with the whole..hrm..9 or 10 grand that ive spent so far...so if shes okay with that.. then im okay with the couple of grand that ive spent on her diamonds.. which to me dont mean anything.. they just sit there and sparkle...but this car is going to MOVE ****!!!! anyhow.. she was so loving she helped me install the COPPER NGK's.. thats right .. i said copper.. not platinums or iridiums.. regular ole' coppers gapped at about .24 or .024. ( not sure , am driknig now).. and she helped me with my build that she doesnt even understand..??!!! so she is amazing and i have to say i am one of the most lucky guys out there.. so heres some pics of where i am and whats going on.. ;ater fe;llers...

Attached Thumbnails my rs6 build-imga0168.jpg   my rs6 build-imga0170.jpg   my rs6 build-imga0173.jpg   my rs6 build-imga0174.jpg   my rs6 build-imga0175.jpg  

Old 06-25-2009, 02:06 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Originally Posted by bigern45
i hope torque hits so hard you cant lean forward.. lol...
I want to see pics like those taken in wind tunnels where people's faces have ripples on them and their cheeks are pulled back with the OHMYGODAREWEGONNADIE look in their eyes.

seriously though, this thing is going to be awesome.

want.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:17 PM
4th Gear

+1 to the want part..... im going to be being going Stage 3- here by the winter most likely... wish i had the money to go RS6. lol

Josh

Old 07-01-2009, 06:10 PM
2nd Gear

okay, so i get everything together. get my cable from ross-tech and download the driver and all on the laptop and now i have vag-com.. which is very cool.. i just need to make myself more familiar with it and learn to use more.. anyways... i go to load the program on my car and.. DAMNIT!! EPL did not send me the right program. they sent me a flash loader without my program period. ive double and triple checked and then i even called a few EPL dealers like in louisville and colorado.. and both of them said when they pull up their EPL flashloader on laptop it has a start flash icon that you click on.. i do not. so i try calling EPL... guess what message i get?? "from june 29 to july 14 the shop operations will be limited...." and you know why?? THEIR ON VACATION!!! for one.. since i spent 2100 with them you would have thought they would have sent everything properly to me, you think they would have made sure that i got everything installed properly and my car up and running properly, and you think they would have told me. "by the way, i hope your car runs good because we are going to be on vacation for the better part of two weeks"... but no.. i got **** to show.. so my car is down for another two weeks... and its built.. ready to roll.. i even talked to another tuner ... he said i may be able to drive it.. but i guess where i have a hitachi MAF and bigger injectors its just not going to happen. i fired it up and roughs rough.. car is running super rich.. i revved it up just to hear the turbos spool and good god.. .rs6 spool sounds so much different than the k03's.. lol..but thats where i am.. screwed again by a company that apparently says.. "yeah.. will take your money. and will get you going.. okay.. heres a program for your car.. have fun.. PSYCH!!! FU@% YOU IDIOT.. YOUR CARS NEVER GOING TO RUN.. IM SPENDING YOUR 2 GRAND IN TAJITI ON MARGARITAS BITCH!!!"... im so pissed.. i almost wanted to take my injectors and all the other **** they sent me and send it back and go with another company.. im guessing this should get me a few bucks off something from them.. or a bunch of free updates... hell .. who knows... he might get back and call me and just say " another email with a program is on the way.. have a good day and thank you for dealing with EPL..".. oh well.. ill just be optimistic today and say.. i didnt get hit by a truck and all of my imediate family is still alive....

Old 07-01-2009, 09:32 PM
SoCal Crew Member

WEAK

that is ****** WEAK

they need to do something to compensate you for this. ****** unacceptable man.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:03 AM
2nd Gear

i know.. i work in the auto industry.. i know how pissed a customer is when they pay 350.00 for a premium brake job and it makes a little squealing noise. well here.. i paid 2100 and my **** dont work period.. and they arent going to get to me for about 2 weeks.... great.... efing great... i swear to god i wanna rip that **** out and send it back....

Quick Reply: my rs6 build