S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

my rs6 build

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 04:18 PM
SoCal Crew Member

is this thing running again? I want to see it in action

Old 06-21-2009, 06:43 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by love the booB5
is this thing running again? I want to see it in action
nope... everything but the tuning/fueling is done.. i should have it done in about a week, assuming that someone out there will take my 2300 and ship me some parts.. ill have some video up on youtube when it is.. and ill leave some links here in this post.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:13 AM
2nd Gear

was going to go with vast performance but they have a n75 valve that controls boost at around 24 psi.. i wanted to go with jhm because they have an mbc setup so i can change it from 25 psi plus or minus 2.. i just cant get jhm to answer the phone or respond to my emails!!!! what gives??

Old 06-23-2009, 01:50 AM
SoCal Crew Member

that's unacceptable. do these people not want to take your money? what the hell?

Old 06-23-2009, 07:59 PM
2nd Gear

okay fellers, here it is.. talked to tony at EPLabs out of Connecticut, super helpful and nice guy (even though a northerner...lol). we talked about my build and what i need, and that easily.. i went with them.. they are next day airing my stuff to me tomorrow. and we are starting with a conservative tune with no methanol till its up and running, then well do some logging, throw in a bigger fuel pump and meth within a month. with the conservative tune that we are starting at it looks like 375 to 400 whp at 20psi, then adjusted accordingly when we install the pump and meth, 475 to 490 whp should be no problem at around 25-26psi...
I MAY BE DRIVING MY CAR AGAIN THIS WEEKEND!!!!!

and the kicker.. lol.. JHMotorsports called me 1 hour after id already done the deal.. lol..

Old 06-23-2009, 08:34 PM
2nd Gear

Are you doing anything to your tranny for all this big power? Like cryo treating 1st and 2nd or an upgraded diff or something. can a stock tranny handle all this?

Old 06-23-2009, 08:36 PM
2nd Gear

P.S. your setup sounds fu(<ing bad@ss.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:19 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bigern45

and the kicker.. lol.. JHMotorsports called me 1 hour after id already done the deal.. lol..
Let that be a lesson to them ha.

Originally Posted by FonzoB5S4
can a stock tranny handle all this?
Yes, if you treat it well (and the synchros aren't already going to begin with.)

Originally Posted by bigern45
not sure.. how many of these tuners use wideband sensors to collect data? i was shocked that i needed another 300 for this setup.. and i guess you just drill an o2 bung in your downpipe? or does it take the place of one of the primary sensors?
I assume that everyone who does remote tunes needs one, otherwise they can just put one at the end of the exhaust when they dyno-tune it. Usually you just install another bung, though some (like the Zeitronix) do have a narrowband output so you can wire it to give the signal to your stock ECU. I have yet to see someone try it on the S4, but I wouldn't mind trying since I need a new O2 anyways. Kill two birds with one stone ha. I assume since you're going with EPL and remote tuning that you're going to buy the Zeitronix from them? Also, are you running the 60lb injectors?

So close! I'm jealous!

Old 06-24-2009, 07:05 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by FonzoB5S4
Are you doing anything to your tranny for all this big power? Like cryo treating 1st and 2nd or an upgraded diff or something. can a stock tranny handle all this?
well heres the thing.. i noticed some grind from first to second when driving all out ***** to the wall.. so i may have some syncro problems that ill have to deal with later, ill just go easy on the shifting till i can.. and another thing.. when i removed my last clutch/pressure plate it wasnt slipping.. but jesus christo it was shot. .. i mean when i saw it i was suprised that i wasnt slipping.. it had already started to eat into the rivets of the clutch disc... so maybe (hopefully) that was the cause of my grinding problems.. but ill know for sure in a few days..

Old 06-24-2009, 07:13 AM
2nd Gear

I assume that everyone who does remote tunes needs one, otherwise they can just put one at the end of the exhaust when they dyno-tune it. Usually you just install another bung, though some (like the Zeitronix) do have a narrowband output so you can wire it to give the signal to your stock ECU. I have yet to see someone try it on the S4, but I wouldn't mind trying since I need a new O2 anyways. Kill two birds with one stone ha. I assume since you're going with EPL and remote tuning that you're going to buy the Zeitronix from them? Also, are you running the 60lb injectors?

So close! I'm jealous![/QUOTE]

yeah.. heres the cool part.. i can take whatever recording device i choose (didnt go into crazy detail, our main concern was getting the car ready for a trip to BFE in arkansas to see my mom 4th of july weekend) but simply put.. can open the trunk, let down the seats, run the cables and wires out the rear and tape the sensing device right there at the exhaust outlet.. then do a couple of pulls or whatever they demand to record, and theres all they need.. and they (EPL) have a shop in louisville which is 45 min - 1hr away.. so i could just run there and they can do the same thing.. and im getting the latest greatest injectors from bosch, i think it was 53lb or 58lb, but he told me the siemens product they had been using was losing dependability ever since they were bought out by this other company.. these injectors are holding up to 8 bar of pressure, so if i ever decide to go your route mike, i wont have to get new ones.. so i think thats pretty cool...

Quick Reply: my rs6 build