S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

my rs6 build

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 06:17 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by pepsicolla
Sh.t.....i dont blame ya. They should be overloading you with information. You should have zero questions for the money your spending. Truth is, sometimes i wonder exactly how much the person on the other line actually knows. Sure they can give you the "user manual" description but, when you really require a more in depth answer.......

Not to be picky but your rs4 badge on the trunk lid doesnt look level. Maybe its the picture angle???? looks a bit off...
no..your right.. its not.. gonna get all this stuff done and redo it.. ill probably have to buy a new one..

Old 06-18-2009, 07:34 PM
4th Gear

Your going to need to update your sig soon! LOL

GL on the build and MORE PICS! Also VIDEO is a must once this thing is going again!

Josh

Old 06-19-2009, 04:33 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bigern45
by the way.. im going with jhm on the tuning. ssp was cheaper but i couldnt get any info out of them. and then was getting into wideband o2 sensors to send info to and fro... price was going up and i wasnt getting much description. i constantly asked questions and was left hanging.. im not some 18 yr old kid that just hears, " itll go fast" and am satisfied.. im a technician, i have been for 13 yrs or so, i like to know what my 2000 bucks is going towards...and not knocking them (ssp tuning) i just needed more info and conversation about what was going on to feel comfortable enough to spend my money with them...
Understandable for sure, and you won't be disappointed with JHM for sure. Are they tweaking with wideband logs as well, or are you just going with an off-the-shelf tune?

Also, if that were my car I'd take the RS4 badges off ASAP Do what makes you happy though

Old 06-19-2009, 06:57 PM
2nd Gear

not sure.. how many of these tuners use wideband sensors to collect data? i was shocked that i needed another 300 for this setup.. and i guess you just drill an o2 bung in your downpipe? or does it take the place of one of the primary sensors?

Old 06-19-2009, 07:45 PM
2nd Gear

my wideband is welded into one of the dp's.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:02 PM
2nd Gear

Good luck, going to be awesome when its finished. Remember you drive an S4, not an RS4; One of my biggest pet peeves.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:09 AM
2nd Gear

my biggest pet peeve is when people dont roll the toothpaste tube up properly when they use it.... ill be way faster than a RS4 anyhow... and if it was easy to get a b5 RS4, id have one... so do you get pissed when guys throw a RS4 bumper on their S4?

anyways.. got to finishing up some other things.. and jumped in the cockpit to see how the clutch feels.. and honestly, it doesnt feel good...the pedal almost went all the way down, and now it doesnt come up near as far as it should. should i be worried? i checked the adjustment on it and made sure that it was proper during installation.... i pumped the heck out of it, and it seemed to get a tad better. is it just where its been sitting for almost a month? or do i have a bad slave cylinder? anyone else have this issue when installing a RS4 pressure plate and a stage 4 ceramic disc??

Old 06-21-2009, 01:36 AM
2nd Gear

oh and by the way.. heres some more pics..ready for the fueling/tuning and once i figure this clutch out first rides will be on youtube...

Attached Thumbnails my rs6 build-s4-1.jpg   my rs6 build-s4-2.jpg   my rs6 build-s4-3.jpg   my rs6 build-s4-4.jpg   my rs6 build-s4-5.jpg  

Old 06-21-2009, 01:39 AM
2nd Gear

and a couple more....

Attached Thumbnails my rs6 build-s4-6.jpg   my rs6 build-s4-7.jpg   my rs6 build-s4-8.jpg   my rs6 build-s4-9.jpg   my rs6 build-s4-10.jpg  

Old 06-21-2009, 12:30 PM
2nd Gear

okay, the clutch problem seems to have resolved itself. i was thinking maybe it was just from sitting for such a long time (almost a month now) and possibly some fluid had seeped through some o-rings or something, and i guess thats what happened. i went out today after lunch to recheck and it feels like a brand new clutch now.. pressure plate engagement and tension on the clutch feels perfect, aside from the RS4 pressure plate needing just a tad more pressure to engage it.

Quick Reply: my rs6 build