S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

my rs6 build

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 11:22 PM
2nd Gear
Default my rs6 build

so, ive got my rs6 turbos and pretty much everything else that i need for the build. so... i decided that the sooner that i start, the more motivated i will be to complete the task at hand.. i just hated pulling the fuel pump fuse while she ran and removed all the gas out of the fuel rails. it was the last time that ill hear her run for a long time... anyhow.. i got the compression tester out to make sure that i have a strong engine before i do my build, all that extra boost could be bad on a weak engine. for cylinders 1,3,4,5 and 6 it was 150 psi + or - 5 psi.. cylinder number 2 was 140 psi.. im wondering if there is going to be a big problem, or if it could just be carbon build up on the valves or something.. anyhow.. those are the numbers...

here are some pics and ill add more the further i get into the project..
wish me luck!!

and here is the only hint that ill give people to let them know that there is something special going on under the hood, well that and a vicious exhaust note!! pretty much going to stay as stock looking as possible..

Attached Thumbnails my rs6 build-009.jpg   my rs6 build-008.jpg   my rs6 build-010.jpg   my rs6 build-011.jpg  
Old 06-04-2009, 01:36 AM
1st Gear

GL its gonna be a killer.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:15 PM
2nd Gear

okay, so ive got my intake manifold off just to make it easier to get to some of the engine tranny bolts and dp nuts. was just looking at the manifold and where it bolts on to the heads.. it seems like the heads have an enormous area that can be ported.. has anyone tried this? can you port the heads or is it not worth the trouble? i also see that i do not have a ton of space on the intake itself to port.. maybe a few millimeters or so.. but im also guessing that if i do likewise on the head side itll reap much more beneficial results...

kinda odd.. tearing this beast down.. i accidentally broke the maf internally, was pretty pissed then remembered that i have to get a different one anyways.. lol...

Old 06-04-2009, 03:16 PM
2nd Gear

was also noticing that the valves are extremely clean.. i was not expecting this.. i guess thats what happens when you run 93 octane shell.. those commercials are sooo true!!!

Old 06-06-2009, 12:48 AM
2nd Gear

okay. so i got the engine separated from the transmission and just staying caged due to a few bolts left loose but in.. here are a few more pics of what im doing now..

look at that busted mount!! wow.. thats where that snap crackle and pop was coming from ..

and notice the hot side difference between the k03's and the rs6's.. i mean.. thats crazy.. enormous difference.. i could do an enzyte commercial or something..

Attached Thumbnails my rs6 build-imga0130.jpg   my rs6 build-imga0131.jpg   my rs6 build-imga0132.jpg   my rs6 build-imga0133.jpg  
Old 06-06-2009, 03:34 AM
2nd Gear

These stock heads are pretty much at maximum flow and porting them will decrease flow most of the time if you do not know what you are doing!

Old 06-08-2009, 04:52 AM
1st Gear

The mount looks similar to mine when I pulled the motor

Name:  IMG_3608.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  43.3 KB

Yeah, I wouldn't port the heads yourself, but I don't think one can screw up the intake mani too much.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:20 PM
2nd Gear

geez.. been without my pc for like 2 weeks now.. didnt realize how much i rely on the thing.. oh well.. should have some more pics on in a few days. have the engine installed and getting ready to install intake manifold and intercoolers. and then the tuning and fueling.. i cant wait.. hopefully by next weekend ill be driving an audi again.. and not this swedish pos..

Old 06-17-2009, 11:44 PM
2nd Gear

by the way.. im going with jhm on the tuning. ssp was cheaper but i couldnt get any info out of them. and then was getting into wideband o2 sensors to send info to and fro... price was going up and i wasnt getting much description. i constantly asked questions and was left hanging.. im not some 18 yr old kid that just hears, " itll go fast" and am satisfied.. im a technician, i have been for 13 yrs or so, i like to know what my 2000 bucks is going towards...and not knocking them (ssp tuning) i just needed more info and conversation about what was going on to feel comfortable enough to spend my money with them...

Old 06-18-2009, 07:29 AM
1st Gear

Sh.t.....i dont blame ya. They should be overloading you with information. You should have zero questions for the money your spending. Truth is, sometimes i wonder exactly how much the person on the other line actually knows. Sure they can give you the "user manual" description but, when you really require a more in depth answer.......

Not to be picky but your rs4 badge on the trunk lid doesnt look level. Maybe its the picture angle???? looks a bit off...

Quick Reply: my rs6 build