S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

My 2000 S4 build, Phase 3

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 11:52 PM
1st Gear
Default My 2000 S4 build, Phase 3

Ok, over the last month I have completely revamped the brakes, and reworked the suspension on my 2000 S4. Brakes by Brembo with Axxis Ultimate Pads, and Stainless lines by Neuspeed were Phase 1. H&R Performance Street Coilovers all around, as well as H&R Anti-roll bars front and rear were Phase 2 ( I also did all control arms, tie rods, end links, etc.etc.). Now to get down to Phase 3 the Driveline. All my work is in prepration for a GT2871R upgrade with the 3.0L to go with it.

I have looked at several Clutch Kits, Lightweight Flywheels, D.T.S Bars, and Motor Mount sets, and have yet to make up my mind. What do you all think is the best combination, and why.

I am at this time leaning toward the AWE Stage 3 Clutch and 12 Lb Flywheel set, AWE D.T.S, and a set of RS4 Motor Mounts. Is this a combo worthy of big power? If not, why? What is everyone else running and having success with?

Old 01-30-2011, 04:05 AM
2nd Gear

that sounds like a good start. i would go with stern engine mounts over the rs4 ones and i'd also get an upgraded tranny mount and snub mount. check out 034 motorsports. sub-frame bushings also will be helpful. i just ordered all this stuff minus the tranny mount.

http://www.034motorsport.com/chassis...page=2&sort=2a

Old 01-31-2011, 07:35 PM
1st Gear

I have been hearing good things about 034, thanks for the link. Is the Stern mounts better becasuse of materials, craftsmanship, or just all around better?
Snub mount I was already looking at, from APR (is this a good ones?). Thanks for the reply, I was actually expecting alot more responses, this is a discussion forum after all, where is the heated discussion? The brand loyalty? Haha, I just like hearing from alot of people who have done things different ways, know what I mean.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:36 PM
2nd Gear

034 is a great company with some sweet parts. as for the stern mounts they are just all around a better product over the rs4 mounts. all of sterns parts are top notch. check out there control arms. the apr snub mount is great. after market snub mounts are all pretty much the same, just make sure to get the bracket too. another product to look into would be a differential brace and carrier bushings. i have the stern set but apikol makes one also that is bad ***.

i know what you mean by the lack of responses. this site used to have a lot of b5 s4 owners on it but has slowly been declining. it seems there are only about 5 of us left here. lol! i think most people went over to audizine. there are hundreds of us there! anyways good luck with this next phase. post some pics of your car. you have a ridiculously rare color. i havent even seen one in person before.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:01 AM
1st Gear

Yeah I have heard it is a rare color, I also have heard that the fact it has no glass in the top also makes it a rarer (lighter?) model? I dont know about all that, I just know I got it for a great deal, and was wanting a project car, so I bought it. It was a Bank repo, had 65K on the odometer and I got it for 5 grand, I wasnt complaining at all.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:42 AM
2nd Gear

And no sun-roof! Damn thats one rare combo you got there and with 65k on it for $5k you got one hell of a deal. what color interior?

check out ecs for there timing belt kit if you havent done that yet. preventative maintenance is the key to owning these cars.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:15 AM
1st Gear

yeah I have done the Timing belt, and water pump already, that was almost the first thing I did. It has White leather interior with wood grain accents, very good looking car. I will try to get a picture up, it will be of a dirty car (I live out in the woods), but it will be a picture.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:28 AM
1st Gear

ok, dirty picture is up in an album, I havent figured out how to put it on a message or as an avatar yet. I took it with my HD camera so it is WAY too big to use as an avatar.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:30 PM
2nd Gear

nice. that color is sick! are those tail lights stock or altezza? pleases dont tell me those are altezza tail lights and smoked side markers on your super rare car. lol! to each his own. im insanely jealous.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:11 AM
2nd Gear

i agree about the stern mounts. i would not use the AWE clutch setup. if you are going gt's, i dont think youre going to have enough brawn to hold that power to the ground over time. my stage 4 southbend and RS4 pp couldnt hold my RS6 power on a stock block for over a year. your power levels should destroy mine, so i would go all out and get a twin disc of some sort. VAST has a combo now, and i love my CM850..

just my 2 penny's..

Quick Reply: My 2000 S4 build, Phase 3