S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Looking at a 2008 S4

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 05:29 PM
1st Gear
Default Looking at a 2008 S4

Hi All,

New member here. Was thinking of getting an 2008 Audi S4. Wanted to hear from owners of the vehicle if the S4 is a good car?

And reliability issues? Known issues? Recalls? How long and how many miles can I drive the car till I encounter mechanical issues (for example, in general, how many miles on the S4 before one would consider getting rid of it and getting some new and avoid costly mechanical repairs?)

The car has 57,000 miles. Don't know if it has an additional packages that came with the car? How do I check?

Thanks.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:19 PM
1st Gear

Someone please give me some feedback!!! Trying to become a new "family member"!

Old 04-19-2012, 03:15 PM
1st Gear

I'm an owner of a 2002 Audi S4. Since my ownership I have spent a lot of money just up keeping the car. And once the mod bug kicks in it's over from there. All I can say is when buying any used car. You will have to see the cars history and how the previous owners took care of the car. Recalls you can do that search online. Are you planning on keeping the car in the long run or short term? And just have money set aside for any issues that my arise. Since most Audi owners always have something that needs to be fixed or replaced. It will be hard for anyone to tell you when the car will break down since all cars are not driven by the same people. Some people keep their cars in impecable condition. And some just drive there cars until it breaks down. This of course is just my opinion. Good luck on your decision.

Last edited by xalents23; 04-19-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:45 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by xalents23
I'm an owner of a 2002 Audi S4. Since my ownership I have spent a lot of money just up keeping the car. And once the mod bug kicks in it's over from there. All I can say is when buying any used car. You will have to see the cars history and how the previous owners took care of the car. Recalls you can do that search online. Are you planning on keeping the car in the long run or short term? And just have money set aside for any issues that my arise. Since most Audi owners always have something that needs to be fixed or replaced. It will be hard for anyone to tell you when the car will break down since all cars are not driven by the same people. Some people keep their cars in impecable condition. And some just drive there cars until it breaks down. This of course is just my opinion. Good luck on your decision.
Trying to keep the car for long term. I think previous owner was maybe a 5/10 guy for maintenance. He did what was needed when it was needed, but did not go overboard and used dealer recommended parts and fluids.

What would be a good price for this '08 with 57K miles?

What are some trouble spots that I should anticipate coming up? I have heard timing chain is a big one. Coil packs? Fuel pump and or filter? Etc???

thanks.