S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

leasing a 2007 s4.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 12:20 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: leasing a 2007 s4.....

Yo. Im 16, and ive owned this car for almost a year now. 2006 S4. Beautiful car. Phenominal. Really.
It is alot of power and you really do have to be careful. Ive been pretty good with not speeding that much, but let me tell you. Its really hard not to. This car begs you to drive fast on a windy road. The other thing, is if you plan on paying for gas by yourself, youre screwed. Horrible mpg. If i had to pay for that, i would have been broke a very long time ago. It handles like a dream, and even though i have heard that Audis are known for their "numb" steering, in this car you feel very confident going into a corner at 65 miles an hour. Which, at the same time, is horribly scary. But thats alright. I suggest maybe if you can, take your dad along and go see if you can get in a test drive. I wasnt able to test drive mine before we bought it, but i would recomend it, just so you can get a feel on how you like it and all of that.

I was also told to get an A4 or somehting more safe and not so fast, but i turned out fine, No speeding tickets, no infractions, no nothing, and its been 11 months. As long as you have some restraint from the insane power, youll be alright.

Hope all of this is helpful.
Good luck with the car man, hope it works out for the best.

-Dan

Old 03-21-2007, 01:37 AM
1st Gear

Well I see this conversation going down hill quickly, but here it goes anyway...

A.IMHO, nobody at the age of16 should be driving a car of that caliber (too much: power, handling, potential for accidents/tickets/etc.) - It's unavoidable at that age to take a car like that to it's limits, which is not worth the risk of something permanently bad happening (and yes, a squeeky clean record for 11 months doesn't mean that much).

B. Listen to the majority because we have most likely been there and done that...

C. A B5 S4 is definitely NOT a better choice: There is way more tuning potential for cheaper and easier that would make the car faster than the new S4's (and unless you do brake upgrades, which most don't, you're really pushing it).

D. An S-Line A3/A4 2.0t is probably a better starter car. They look sweet, you can tune them, have a little fun, but not get over your head to easily. Then you can decide if you even like Audi's without wasting your parent's cash (I know,I know. You're "well to do", but still.)

E. Did you notice the payment??? Insurancewill be pretty nasty too...

F. These cars are REALLY expensive to operate and maintain! And they are not the most reliable by any means either.

Just think about it is all...

Old 03-21-2007, 01:55 AM
2nd Gear

I get the impression he mainly wants the S4 for the cool factor of impressing friends and the ladies in high school, which is natural for every guy. Bottom line, start with something less expensive and powerful. I'm scared when I see 16 yr olds in mom's suburban. Get a few years under your belt to learn your limits and the limits of cars. Nader started with one and explains all it's greatness but has nothing else to compare it to at age 16. I'm sure no one is trying to be the bad guy telling you not to get it.

Old 03-21-2007, 06:00 AM
1st Gear

Not to mention if you get into an accident driving an 2007 S4 and being 16years old. Good luck proving to the cops it wasnt your fault. At your age, alot of officers will see you as a young punk kid with lots of parents cash.

Dont get me wrong man.....like everyone wrote above...we know how it feels to be 16 and want the best car. But trust the older guys/gals here when we say that a 2007 S-Line A4 will be just as impressive to everyone in school and cost you a ton less.

Take your girlfriend for a trip around the world with the remaining cash or something!!! LOL

I remember a few good friends got license suspended, insurance revoked at 16-18yrs old just ******* around. That **** just isnt fun. Cheers and let us know what you pick.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:34 PM
1st Gear

You know I am going to have to agree with the older gentlemen on this forum. I'm only 17 and drive a B5 S4 and I know It's to much car for me. I lie to myself and say it isn't and that I can handle it but I'm sure I don't know my limits. I sold my old honda to a friend of mine and now wish I still had it because of the gas mileage and the low maintenance, plus with that car I didn't have to worry about dumb a** teens in my school parking lot hitting my car, now im ****ing my pants every day after school trying to leave the parking lot without having someone hit me because I see it all the time happen to other kids. I would go with the new A4 s-line with the 2.0t, soon they will be coming out with some good upgrades for that engine and it will be fast.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:07 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ZQ8GMC

and yes, a squeeky clean record for 11 months doesn't mean that much)
Yeah i know, but i think its good considering the cops hand out tickets in this town.
And have nothing better to do then to look for kids doing something wrong.
But yeah, it may be not impressive, but i think its a pretty good thing.
Hopefully i can keep it up! hahaha.

Also, Murphy Boy, i know how you feel in the parking lot at school.
You worry alot about the other kids. and it sucks soo bad.
Kids in my school made a 2 inch key mark across my passenger door.
White scrath, black car. Such ********. no respect for any car. its sad

Old 03-22-2007, 12:38 AM
1st Gear

I had an awd skateboard in hs.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:17 AM
2nd Gear

Another thing to consider is an SUV or truck. Something big will keep you safer than a car. If you're a fan of GMC or Chevy trucks get a 2500HD Duramax Diesel. You would be surprised how fast you can get those trucks. A buddy of mine runs low 13s 1/4 miles with only about 5k put into it, includes laptop tune, built tranny, and an extra fuel pump. Now thats fast for something weighing over 7000lbs. They look badass, big = protection = safety, and the diesels still get crazy gas mileage. Could easily afford a new 07 truck if you were looking at the new S4, and insurance will be cheaper as well.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:02 PM
2nd Gear

Also 16 year olds don't really need their own cars. Im sure mom and dad have plenty if they are willing to take the hit to put you in a new S4. If you have the money, why not an RS4?

Old 03-22-2007, 08:04 PM
2nd Gear

i dont even wanna comment on this thread ...disgusting.,.......

Quick Reply: leasing a 2007 s4.....