S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

LCD instrument cluster failure

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 08:36 PM
1st Gear
Default LCD instrument cluster failure

Common problem lost pixels in instrument cluster. Audi asks $1000 for new cluster, doesn't repair LCD. I just had this done by a person on ebay, no affiliation, you have to remove the cluster and send it, 3 days from when I took it out it is reinstalled and looks so much better. If this bothers you there is an easy fix and well worth the cost.

Search: Audi A4 S4 A6 Instrument Cluster LCD FIS replacement

located in Illinois

Old 01-21-2011, 03:57 AM
2nd Gear

Damn 200 bucks?
My brother inlaw is sick with soldering im sure he can do mine for the price of the LCD

Old 01-21-2011, 08:10 AM
1st Gear

Great idea if you can do the repair yourself go for it. But if the cluster is damaged they are very expensive to replace. This is a professional repairs service, you do not need to open the cluster at all. So for those of us without a sick soldering brother inlaw, this is a good option.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:02 AM
2nd Gear

You can but a while brand new cluster for 200 buck and i bet it would be better than what i have anyways lol..
If the service was around 120 i would do it in a heart beat...

Old 01-26-2011, 11:57 AM
1st Gear

Module Masters - $150 plus return shipping. Just sent mine off yesterday. Great reviews from others!

Module Masters Link

From what I am told, they go thru the whole thing. Keep in mind, guys, that there is usually nothing wrong with the center display, it's the connection point that is failing, this is why the lines are better some days than others. Unless your center display is completely out, this should fix it. Can't beat their warranty either! Lifetime!

Old 01-26-2011, 12:06 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

^^^^

when you get it back post up the results and let us know how it worked out

Old 01-26-2011, 01:34 PM
1st Gear

Will do. I should have it back on Friday. I may take some picts, just to compare. I get excited every time I see a center display that works perfect!

Old 01-28-2011, 10:16 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by joespaman
Module Masters - $150 plus return shipping. Just sent mine off yesterday. Great reviews from others!

Module Masters Link

From what I am told, they go thru the whole thing. Keep in mind, guys, that there is usually nothing wrong with the center display, it's the connection point that is failing, this is why the lines are better some days than others. Unless your center display is completely out, this should fix it. Can't beat their warranty either! Lifetime!
Thats what I heard. When its warm connection usually sucks so display is messed up... Best way to do it is try to do it your self if you have a soldering experience. Its not all that hard i dont think just have to be careful and if does not work then send it out no big deal. Its a win win situation IMO

Old 01-31-2011, 11:25 AM
1st Gear

Got my cluster back this morning! Took about 2 seconds to put back in. It works great! It's like sitting in a new car again. haha! Anyway, here's what the receipt says...

"Replaced center LCD with a panel that exceeds OEM specifications. Recalibrated all gauges and tested. Includes lifetime warranty on the LCD and a 5-year warranty on all other repairs if applicable."

I got the next day air return shipping, so their bill was $208.00 plus I 2nd day aired it to them(So about $238 total). It took them 1 day to do the repair and shipped out the next day. The panel color matches perfectly, as I know some out there say there are LCD panels that the color does not match perfectly. Overall, one of the best values for the dollar yet!

www.modulemaster.com

Name:  2011-01-31-110205-1.jpg
Views: 1775
Size:  13.9 KB

Old 02-01-2011, 07:43 AM
1st Gear

+1 It is really nice to see the dash look correct again

Quick Reply: LCD instrument cluster failure