S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Ko4 vs GT 25

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 08:51 AM
3rd Gear

If you have the money GT's are far far better. If you price it out and find you dont want to spend $20,000, just maybe half that, you can still make a bas *** k04 car. lets let the pics do the talking.

If your serious talk to generationjdm on Audizine, sorry i dont have his email. He makes and sells these kits ^ which are BEAUTIFUL. I believe its just about $8000 for what you see, Turbos, manifolds, downpipes, wastegates, inlets, hosing and hardware. After this youll need to spiff up the transmission (clutch, FW, SS, rebuild) get some big injectors, a big fuel pump, Big MAF, big coolers and a custom tune.

Compare it to AWE's k04 kit with manifolds and WITHOUT downpipes for the same price and it starts looking good. You just dont have fueling or tuning yet...

Old 10-25-2008, 03:22 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Deb38
Have you ever looked at a compressor map of a K04? They are rated at about 220chp a turbo. The dyno you were on was clearly a high reading dyno.

At the end of the day a GT car is going to make bigger numbers than a K04 or hybrid car. Plain and simple.

i never said that they could out power them i simply said that i disagree with there total power output possible

Old 10-26-2008, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by RenegadeEngr
There is a lot of uncertainty in those numbers. Just because it says 220chp per turbo doesn't mean that is the max, that is the mean on a confidence interval from both experimental and theoretical sets of data. GT's will make bigger numbers, no doubt...
uhhh yes it does. there are efficiency ranges in turbos. once turbo goes beyond that range, it is doing more harm than good. the turbo efficiency range of a k04 is about 220chp, and that is most likey overrated by BW on top of that.

put a k04 setup on an accurate dyno, and there is a 99 percent chance it will never see 400whp

Old 10-28-2008, 10:01 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Deb38
uhhh yes it does. there are efficiency ranges in turbos. once turbo goes beyond that range, it is doing more harm than good. the turbo efficiency range of a k04 is about 220chp, and that is most likey overrated by BW on top of that.

put a k04 setup on an accurate dyno, and there is a 99 percent chance it will never see 400whp
There's a lot more to a design than just an efficiency map dude, I'm talking about the estimation of the "220chp" number, you don't just build a turbo then put it on a jig, run some exhaust gas through it and see the P2/P1 vs varying volumetric flow. There are varying methods of coming up with a rational efficiency map, through CFD (computational fluid dynamics) , analytical iterations, and experimental (real world) results. Aside from this the derivatives of say perhaps the spool time between P2/P1 for certain RPM ranges. I just read a scientific journal paper the other day about small vane enhancements inside the housing to reduce turbulence so it would spool faster and produce more power altogether. These are the types of things that I deal with in engineering (experimental/fluids) that make these estimations valid with certain uncertainty to deliver a mean performance to the customer. This is because you have to account for relative values of turbulence and consistent flow from each engine that might vary based upon age, other mods, and different instrumentation upstream and downstream controlling its input and output. Thermodynamics II , Heat Transfer, Intermediate Fluid Mechanics, and Experimental Methods will explain all of this. Relative efficiency is the best way to represent a turbo, but by no means are compressor maps tell all.

Last edited by RenegadeEngr; 10-28-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:51 PM
1st Gear

dude stop fighting over turbos... tensecs4 has a k04 setup and i beleive his dyno was around 460hp/ 487ft lbs tqe on 105 or 110 octane fuel. Seriously it depends on how much money you have and how much time and effort and who you go to in order to get a good tune that puts out good HP.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:45 AM

lilnick does have a point money=fast car

Old 10-29-2008, 09:04 AM
3rd Gear

this thread is retarded.

were comparing a kia to a bently, obv the bently costs more, its better for everything except driving off a cliff.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:01 PM
1st Gear

yup lets just kill this thread now. NO MORE POSTS!!