S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

knock off hoses?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 11:33 PM
1st Gear
Default knock off hoses?

has anybody purchased the ASI hoses that people are seeling on ebay. I mean the full kit of samco hoses run like $399.0....
just wondering becuase i saw these when i was looking around..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-...spagenameZWDVW

or did anybody find a cheaper store for samco hoses? group buy?

Old 11-08-2007, 12:07 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: knock off hoses?

All ebay knockoffs come from the same place with different names on them. People who tried them say they are good with minor fit issues (you have to trim them). I am getting a set soon.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:12 AM
1st Gear

$50 bucks for shipping? WTF........... that would **** me off enough to not buy them.just buy the samco, or leave it alone... unless you have an actual leak.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:55 AM
1st Gear

You can offer them 100 bucks and they will settle for 175 plus 50 shipping in the end. I think those ship out of Taiwan.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:54 PM
1st Gear

well here is an auction for $95.00 and $30.00 shipping
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-...spagenameZWDVW

the thing is are they good? cuase i have my car apart and dont really feel like paying $399.00 for samco hoses.. do you thnik they are as good as samco, but just not the name?

Old 11-08-2007, 11:51 PM
1st Gear

I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for...

Old 11-09-2007, 06:13 PM
1st Gear

so twinsnails do you think that they will hold up better than the stock hoses??? somewhat close to samco durability? or should i jsut forget about it

Old 11-09-2007, 08:25 PM
3rd Gear

theres no real difinitive answer, those hoses will need to be trimmed a little to fit. but its not like a hose is the msot complicated thing on your car essentially they are the same as samco. Id say as long as your willing to put up with the task of getting them in you could save some money. Durability shouldnt be a problem, if you ever went stage 3 (aka more boost) you replace most of them anyway. As i said theyre essentially the same as the samco. I wouldnt get the cheapest set, but theres no reason why you shouldnt save yourself some money.

ALSO, have youever though of buying an APR bi-pipe instead? it fixes the TBB issue and hoses from the intercooler to the Throttle body. Plus ita meal and wont fail on you.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:27 PM
2nd Gear

ok, i have previously encouraged other owners to buy these knock offs, but DO NOT BUY THEM. Again, DO NOT BUY THESE HOSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had the TBB on my car, and the damn thing blew out. A hole blew right in the middle of it, next to where the sensor goes in. Needless to say, i wont ever be buying anything but name brand again.

On a brighter note, I picked up a samco TBB that Pepboys special ordered for someone, but they never picked up, so i bought it.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:01 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Blue_S4

ok, i have previously encouraged other owners to buy these knock offs, but DO NOT BUY THEM. Again, DO NOT BUY THESE HOSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had the TBB on my car, and the damn thing blew out. A hole blew right in the middle of it, next to where the sensor goes in. Needless to say, i wont ever be buying anything but name brand again.

On a brighter note, I picked up a samco TBB that Pepboys special ordered for someone, but they never picked up, so i bought it.
dude i think that is a real common problem i mean why did you replace the stockone??? cause it popped off and blew a hole in it?? exactly ...everyone has that problem even with samco tbb's that why people buy the apr bi pipe and the samco kit ...so your example is garbage....

Quick Reply: knock off hoses?