S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

insurance

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 03:24 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: insurance

state farm wanted 7200 a year for me like 588 a month they are crazy where i live...

Old 01-09-2007, 03:26 PM

hehehehe this is when age is sweet

Old 01-09-2007, 03:37 PM

Progressive drive isnt bad...1800 / yr for the s4(maxcoverage, 1000 deductable)and a jetta(minimim coverage) 24 w/ a dui 4 yrs ago, 2 failure to obey a sign, and 1 no-fault

Old 01-09-2007, 05:00 PM
1st Gear

Yea for sure... Drive from Progressivehooked me up pretty good. When I was insurance shopping they were $150-200 a month cheaper than other companies. I pay $125 a monthfor $500 deductible, and my driving record is pretty ugly.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:00 PM

Progressive wanted 412$ a month.But, with State farm it's 72$. I got the quote over the phone and I just about ran in there to sign the papers before she could tell me the quote was wrong. I couldn't believe it.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:06 PM

yea don't believe online and over-the-phone quotes, theyre always wrong. geico said i was only gona pay 1250 a year...LIES! They do it to get you in there and when you do, then they start to adjust it because that was just what you "could" pay. Beware

Old 01-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Site Moderator

its best to actually call your local dealers and have them run it through their system to find out how much you would pay.... then compare and contrast

Old 05-01-2007, 04:13 AM
SoCal Crew Member

I'm 18 and picking up my S4 on thursday, I have a clean driving record and I don't think I'm getting put as primary, so i think my insurance will be around 200 a month... yes i am a bit spoiled, but I'm paying for car from legal settlement money and doing most of the work myself which will save a lot... and the car is only 8k. I just hope the power doesnt get the best of me,

Old 05-01-2007, 04:49 AM
2nd Gear

Hahah i stopped reading..... Welll i live in MA were Insurance is redic. to begin with. I got my S4 when i was.... 18 and 5months. my Insurance for this past year was $4300 a year.. With no tickets no nothing on my record 1 accident but was 100% other driver fault so no points were added. As soon as March came around this year i got my new premium in the mail and starting in May i will be down to $2250 a year for insurance..... IF you can get your license at the age of 16 1/2 like it is in MA and keep a clean record for 3 years, your insurance will drop drastically, right around 40-60% actually.

Side note... I bought my S4 all by my self. just to make it clear. However i did have some help from my parents on somethings... Like when my birthday came around, instead of getting anything form them i just asked them if they would have my clutch replaced and if they would pay to have the shop go through and give it a tune up. Which was nice and when that was done they also surprized me with Piggie pipes which i didnt not expect or ask for.

So i guess i am kind of spoiled in a way but its not the type of spoiled where i ask ask ask and get get get, i just have really nice parents that want me to have a life they couldnt have.

And yea just to let u know.... 12/hr on a farm WILL not pay for a S4.... not even working 60 hours a week with over time.....

I work 40ish hours a week and make roughly $16-17 an hour and time half on sundays after bonus and stuff and i can afford my S4 but i can barley afford any mods.... I have to save up for months before i can even think of buying anything.... And you always need that $1,000 in the bank for WHEN something does break... cause you are 16 years old and you are gonna wanna beat everybody out there and drive the car into the ground.. So yeaaa

Prove me wrong but i dont think its possible for you to do it.... I think you would have a tough time just paying the insurance nevermind a possible car payment? and then lets not forget about GAS!!!!!!! which will be around $4.00 a gallon soon.... soo yea i pretty much needed to come up with around $1,000 a month to keep my car on the road with all of its costs.... now it is down to about 700ish but its still toughh

Old 05-01-2007, 08:27 AM
1st Gear

I'm probably not the best person to give advice, but I will passthis onsince you've heard from many other S4 owners.

From my experience, if you cannot afford it now, who or what says you can afford it later? You can try and save all you want. I know people that live paycheck to paycheck just to make bills and dont enjoy anything.

Start out with a car thats simple to own/maintain/insure. It builds character, credit, and experience. Yeah if your parents want they can get the ins. in their name and add you as a co-driver. But that usually jacks up the premium. And I know you'll have full-coverage.

If anything, don't try and get a car that you feel you can start tuning and running around in it right away. Be humble and drive something that won't kill you financially.

An S4 can be an expensive venture, sure if you win the lottery its no big deal. I grew up on a small farm and was not ashamed of what I drove, even if it was an old car. Plus, I was only allowed to drive a few times during my senior year to school and work. And this was after I had gone through basic training. Be glad for what you have now and not tired of something you gained in a rash judgement.

[/end parental view]

(btw-i'm almost 40 and my daughter wishes she has a car, so i know what its like)

Quick Reply: insurance