S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

insurance

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: insurance

brandon..theres no way your 18 and only pay 65 a month.. Just no way. You literally pay half of what i do.. And im 24 and have only 1 minor speeding ticket on my record thats coming off soon. You have to have something confused there..unless you live in bumfvck egypt

Old 12-21-2006, 07:21 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Mott Power

yeah but it's still a sports car, insurance companies know what an S4 is and know how expensive it is to maintain
Actually, to add to your post, Mott....
The insurance rating on a particular vehicle has more to do with its "repairability" than how much it costs to maintain.i.e. - How expensive is it to fix after a collision or a theft loss?A particular car is given a 'rating number' from an insurance industry group,and then the individual insurance company applies their rating formula to the car's 'number'.

Old 12-22-2006, 08:12 AM
1st Gear

Im still onthe insurance with my mom...shes the "primary driver"...thats what they think...shes never had a ticket in her life so that helps

Old 12-22-2006, 11:26 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: mattr7786

yeah im paying 400.60 a month im 20 with a 01 s4 and 1 accident and one ticket...it sucks........and thats the cheapest i could find through 8 companies....good luck....

oh p.s must be nice to be a spoiled kid and have mommy and daddy buying you a car ....
I am 312 a month for full coverage with 1k deductables on an 00 S4.

PS: I paid for it myself

Old 12-23-2006, 01:03 AM

Actually, to add to your post, Mott....
The insurance rating on a particular vehicle has more to do with its "repairability" than how much it costs to maintain.i.e. - How expensive is it to fix after a collision or a theft loss?A particular car is given a 'rating number' from an insurance industry group,and then the individual insurance company applies their rating formula to the car's 'number'.
S4's are expensive to insure not only because of their twin turbos and all that power, but they are also getting stolen at a higher rate than most other cars, because thieves want the S4's for their engines and twin turbos. Excellent engine to drop into another car.

I wish an S4 was in my budget when I was 16... that would've been very nice.

Old 12-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Site Moderator

brandon..that explains it..that makes sense.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:51 AM

If i remember correctly at 16, i was racing with my father's car on red lights. His tranny went
at 40K M. I would probably killed myself on an S4 or worse other people [:@]. Insurance cie charge a lot of $$$ to anybody without driving experience on regular cars, so S4 his deff not aregular car. I understand your wishes for an S4, i would probably want an S4 at your age too. I really dont think
you'll do yourself a favor by doing so. 1st your driving skills are not up to the task, 2st the 16 YO jugement is not ready for a 300HP car, 3rd maintaining cost will kill a 12$/Hour worker within a month (unless you're willing to ask your parents everytime something broke on the car[&:]) Do yourself a favor and get you a VW Golf/Rabbit, you'll lurn your driving skills + it's a fun car to drive + a lot less $$ to maintain. You'll have plenty of time in life to get you an S4 when you grow older + you'll be more prepared to have it.

Good luck

Insurance are not cheap in Canada too, im 34yo some tickets, 500$/1000$ deductible, 1450$/year

Old 01-02-2007, 02:18 PM
1st Gear

No way would I pay 400 a month! Well atleast it will be going down and not up in the coming years.

ORIGINAL: mattr7786

yeah im paying 400.60 a month im 20 with a 01 s4 and 1 accident and one ticket...it sucks........and thats the cheapest i could find through 8 companies....good luck....

oh p.s must be nice to be a spoiled kid and have mommy and daddy buying you a car ....

Old 01-07-2007, 02:08 PM
2nd Gear

I am an Add on to our insurance as well although I do not have my S4 yet. I have an A6 2.7T And was told that my insurance shouldent go up too bad. I also have to foot the bill for the car it self and repair. Repair isent as much an issue as I work in an Audi/Porsche garage. But I am forced to work 2 jobs. But I dont care. just love the cars. by the way my other job is a dish washer at a resturaunt, that will soon be over as I hope to go full time at the garage. I geuss if you want it enough you can always do it. I've just always loved the S4 in nogoro blue so I dont know if I can pass this up.

Old 01-07-2007, 02:28 PM

in the UK we have 3 grades full comp-third party fire and theft-third party only but still expensive

Quick Reply: insurance