S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Hybrids Going In

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 12:48 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Hybrids Going In

Well, car is done and driving. I love the hybrids, they spool quicker than the k04's and the power feels the same. They come on quicker and still pull to redline hard. I'm looking at doing the VAST fueling kit here in the next month or so and then I can really see how they run. Suprisingly they seem to run pretty good on just the GIAC X chip and I'm still running stoich a/f ratio on 94 octane pump gas and half 110 octane race gas. Once the stage 3 fueling and manual boost controller are in I'll let you know how it feels.

PS I ended up paying $1800 for the k03/k16's
$ 400 for Labor
$ 300 XS Power Manifolds
$ 200 Timing Belt, Serp Belt, Tensioners, Hoses, Etc.

So I had about $2700 into the swap with manifolds and about $1300 more going into the fueling from VAST. So I should have a full stage 3 for around $4000

Old 12-06-2006, 02:28 PM

i really would like to see the pics of this. Oh btw its a 12 point tool called a triple square to remove the axle, not nit picking just so you know. And also why cant i swing the core support to the side and do it that way, or it is absolutely necessary to remove and evacuate all the AC stuff? i got a TB job on a S4 im doing this weekend and i will try to see if i can do this without doing it. Also did you have to loosten any engine mounts?

Old 12-06-2006, 11:02 PM
1st Gear

The A/c should be able to swing out of the way. I just removed all the A/C so for me it was easier to just evac it at the same time and get more room to work with. I did loosen the driver side mount to get the new manifolds in, but the turbo and stock manifold did come out without having to loosen it.

Old 12-08-2006, 09:36 PM
1st Gear

you just sealed the deal on me going stage 3 this summer. holy shhhhhiaaaaaaaat i cant wait to line up against my uncles 05 997 C2S

Old 12-09-2006, 12:20 PM
1st Gear

idk what your secret is man, i called 2 mechanics i know last nite and both claimed you must have "paperthin arms" to do it without dropping the engine....

Old 12-09-2006, 04:18 PM
1st Gear

Well I'm not the worlds smallest guy (6'1" 205lbs) and the tech that did most of the swap is about 5'9" 185lbs or so. I think it just one of those things that is a lot easier on the tech to just drop the motor out and do it on a stand. Plus they make a lot more money that way. It isn't a cakewalk to do either, we both got a couple bruises in the process but well worth the amount of money I saved.

Old 12-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Default Hybrids Going In and Porsche Vs S4 Hybrid-ed

As posted elsewhere, i am a newbie here, and as a former 911 owner (track prepped 1999 C2), my 2000 S4 with brand new K03/16 hybrids was just delivered back to me friday, along with full samco hose kit, and RS4 clutch, flywheel, and belgium software.....and let me tell you this. These cars, with that setup, and cat-back, will DESTROY a normally aspirated 911. Period. I just bought (January) and sold (October) a new cayman, and that is like a fat chick on a scooter compared to these properly sorted s4's.

I am soo proud to be a part of this forum. I smile every time the ignition turns.

Rear engines are for bald old guys.

S4 FOR LIFE

TraderX

Old 12-12-2006, 03:48 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Hybrids Going In and Porsche Vs S4 Hybrid-ed

Hey welcome traderx - and glad for the vote of confidence. Lets here it for monster torque eh? No one believed me (I don't think) when I pretty much handed this 911 careara S his *** - with only a Stage II...well I did and he was trying and was pretty shocked from what I could tell (he had cut in front of me - dangerously - to get in front of me at the light - pissed me off big time - so I wasted him with all the S4 was worth). It is a monster car - glad your enjoying it. Still 911s & Caymans are still very nice cars. I've also always handled Boxster S's pretty well...once...right before my K03s started to whine - I beat one good - with my two kids in the car with me egging me on. I know I'd crush one now....at least in a straight line...and likley in the curves as well...depending perhaps on the skill (& *****) of the other driver...

Old 12-14-2006, 08:50 PM
1st Gear

so Im trying this method....Taken me alot longer than devil said but whatever, I dont have a lift or a master mechanic to help me.....Im stuck at one point, How did you get the shields above the axle off? Did you take the heat shield off the downpipes first? Second, when you say let the axles hang down and tie them back, I unscrewed the axles but they arent hanging at at all, how did you get them to come off from the tranny?

Old 12-14-2006, 10:07 PM
2nd Gear

One method of getting the axles off is to hold the brakes, and then have someone take out the bolts.

Quick Reply: Hybrids Going In