S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Hybrids Going In

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 12:23 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Hybrids Going In

I don't know if its a do it in the garage type thing, we still used the lift to get to bolts for the turbo oil line and downpipes etc. but i watched and assisted in the process and they are out in record time. I will post pics as soon as I'm done, just waiting on jacob for the hybrids now.

Old 11-12-2006, 01:22 PM
1st Gear

You know, I am about to go stage 3 and I thought this was a great way to do it cheaper but the more I think about it, it will not save much.

I planned on changing the clutch when I changed the turbos to K04's.. If I change the turbos through the front, then I would keep the stock clutch which has 60K miles on it.. I am sure stage 3 would kill the stock clutch pretty fast and I would have to get the transmission dropped and a new clutch put in.

So, I bet pulling the motor and doing the turbos and clutch together will be about the same labor as doing the turbo's from the front and then the clutch shortly thereafter...

Old 11-12-2006, 07:01 PM

were you able to do a full hose-kit at the same time?

Old 11-16-2006, 03:26 AM
1st Gear

how about an update? some pics would be nice..

Old 11-16-2006, 06:53 PM
1st Gear

Pics and a write up would be awsome! I want to put it on file for the future when I plan on upgrading my turbos. And like it was said before, were you able to replace hoses to?

Old 11-18-2006, 05:38 PM
1st Gear

I already did a full samco kit before, but it would be easy to do with the front end off and turbos out. I did the timing belt, water pump, manifolds, oil lines, serpentine tensioner, and belt, removed the A/C, and the valve cover gaskets at the same time. All back together now, the k03/k16's looked great going on. Tommarrow fluids and starting the break in period. PICs very soon. And I'll try to get a write-up going.

Old 11-18-2006, 06:27 PM
1st Gear

looking forward to the write up.....I have to swap out my turbos sometime this week. If you could with the write up list any special or modified tools you used to make it easier.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:15 AM
1st Gear

I would be carefull. My friend had 2 sets of jacob turbos blow on him. be carefull

Old 11-19-2006, 05:01 PM

more info on this infamous jacob?

Old 11-19-2006, 07:19 PM
1st Gear

I have read several things about the jacob turbos on AW. Total I have read over 14 sets that have failed one just recently. The worst story I have read was about a S4 guy that was in the military. bought Jacob turbos had them installed returned from service for a short family leave. Drove his car for 200 miles then the turbos blew. Jacob never returned his calls and he was unable to get the car fixed before he had to go back on duty over seas. Just my opinion but that doesn't sound like some one I would do business with. He used to have several distributors but from what I understand they have all dropped him

My thoughts Just be careful. Anytime you take a turbo that is prone to fail (K03) and you put a bigger wheel in it. You are asking for trouble. The known fact that k03's fail was the main reason that I went with the 4.2.

Quick Reply: Hybrids Going In