S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

how to order these hid's for my 01 s4

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:45 PM
2nd Gear
Default how to order these hid's for my 01 s4

hello all im confuseed as to what bulb anbd color temp to order to get brighter lights then my strock but also not blinding lights. so this kit i can order any temp i want but i do not know what type of bulb i tell them it is ...heres the link can someone tell me what bulb i should tel lthem i need???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H1-H3...spagenameZWDVW

Old 12-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Default RE: how to order these hid's for my 01 s4

well our stock light temp is 4300k so I see they sell a 5k, 6k, 8k to upgrade to 5k would be pointless anything higher than 8k or so I think is illegal. so the 6 or 8 in diamond white cause the blue and violent tints are also illegaland I'm not sure how these lights work or if the name is reliable though.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:57 PM
1st Gear

5k is not pointless since it eliminates ALL yellow spectrum as opposed to the 4300 at the same time delivering a pure white/light blue light as opposed to 6000k and above which range from blue to purple. Also as you climb higher in temp you lose brightness. I would stay away from any no name brand lights. I have gone through a lot of them and they are not worth it. They do not last a long time and lose brightness faster then good brands.

Order phillips D2S 5000K from ebay. They are 98 new and are amazing. I assume you have stock xenons.
Here is the link of the bulbs that I got when my OEMs burned out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-5...spagenameZWDVW

Old 12-10-2007, 10:14 AM
2nd Gear

ok i understand what you guys are saying but when i order these lights do i order the h1,h2,h3 or 9004,9005 what bulbs are the ones to get??? im definitely gonna try these lights out seeing how my stocks suck at night and i am broke so im guna try them and hey they coem with a 2 year warranty so its worth a shot..so what kind of bulbs do i get??

Old 12-10-2007, 10:31 AM
1st Gear

I believe they are H7. I'm not 100% sure though. If you go to the Sylvania website you can input your car make and model and it will tell you every single bulb type possible in your car. So check that out before ordering.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:30 PM

the headlights are D2S/D2R while the foglights are H7; however i knew that people could mod the H7 HID works with D2S base somehow you will need to dremel the plastic piece a little to fit in.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:43 AM
1st Gear

Order D2S (its a type of bulb) and you will have no problems.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:42 AM
1st Gear

Hey mattr7786, how did you install your DVD unit. Did you custom fabricate a piece that fits in place of the radio? What did you use to make it look like the surrounding plastic pieces? I would have sent you a PM but your profile was off.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:52 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: drobrt

Hey mattr7786, how did you install your DVD unit. Did you custom fabricate a piece that fits in place of the radio? What did you use to make it look like the surrounding plastic pieces? I would have sent you a PM but your profile was off.
well right now i cant find the picture i had taken of it but no i did not fabricate anything i bought a dash mounting kit for the dvd unit ..it took me almost a month to find it and it was 50 bucks i actually found a place a couple towns away from me that could order it for me ..it is hard to find if you have the symphony radio in now..but a couple of my friends have went to tweeter here in my town and had one custom made out of black fiberglass that looks pretty nice but the downfall is that it is not held in by anything good so if you punch the gas then you got a radio in your lap which i refused to do cause i like hitting the gas...i will find the pictures and post them up for you but it is the nicest one IMO that yuou can buy cause its got the pocket to put stuff under the unit...good luck..

Old 12-11-2007, 09:57 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: ahwest

the headlights are D2S/D2R while the foglights are H7; however i knew that people could mod the H7 HID works with D2S base somehow you will need to dremel the plastic piece a little to fit in.

ok maybe you guys are right the HIGH BEAM is h7 and the fog lights is h7 as well but the headlight is D2S..
this is from sylvania's website..

2001 AUDI S4 (With HID (high intensity discharge) headlamps)

Low beam headlamp
HID-D2S

High beam headlamp
H7
H7SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
H7ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
H7XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
H7CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light
H7LL Long Life Halogen: Lasts two and a half times longer

Parking light
3457ALL
3457AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style

Front turn signal
3457ALL

Rear turn signal
7506LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Tail light
7528LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Stop light
7528LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

High mount stop light
2825LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Fog/Driving light
H7
H7SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
H7ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
H7XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
H7CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light
H7LL Long Life Halogen: Lasts two and a half times longer

License plate
6418LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Back up light
7506LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Front sidemarker
3457ALL

Rear sidemarker

Glove box

Map light

Dome light

Step/Courtesy light

Trunk/Cargo area

Under hood light
[/align]
__________________________________________________ __
The applications presented in this replacement guide have been compiled using the best information available from the vehicle manufacturers at the time of your search. This guide is intended for general information purposes only, not to be construed as any type of warrantee as to any particular application. For specific applications the vehicle owner's manual should be consulted.

Quick Reply: how to order these hid's for my 01 s4