S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

how much shot?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 03:06 AM
Default how much shot?

hey guys... im getting a wet nitrous kit for my 2004 s4 and was wondering what is a safe amount of shot i can do. I was thinking around 75-100 since it is a v8. Does anybody have nitrous installed on their b6 s4 and what are your thoughts?

Old 02-20-2007, 04:34 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: how much shot?

[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 02-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Site Moderator

why woudl you want to...

Old 02-20-2007, 06:43 PM

Well as everyone else has stated, a bad idea, but if you up for it, try a 50 shot to get your self used to it.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:45 PM
pms
1st Gear

I'm not sure I understand why everyone thinks its a bad idea. Things to consider...the RS4 motor is basically the same lump with more compression and some lightened and polished bits allowing it to spin up a little higher. If the basic design can handle that, it should be able to handle some nitrous. Of course, you have to make sure you get the additional fuel in there. And you can expect the the wear and tear to be a little bit greater than normal. Maybe that's the concern...that the cost of rebuilding one of these motors is so high, that the wear and tear is not worth it, or that the cost of not tuning it right can be very expensive.

I guess it is easier to condone the use of nitrous when you are only talking about a $1000 replacement motor in your Honda.

I would just suggest being cautious and sneaking up on a 100 shot...it is gonna hurt if you go too far too fast.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Site Moderator

Well a lot of it has to do with theres not much class to it... What do you need it for...

IMO unless its a dedicated track car its stupid.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:53 PM

agree too expesive and destructive on your engine...dont do it

Old 02-22-2007, 06:52 PM
1st Gear

It's your car and do what you want with it. How in the world is Hooking up nitrous not classy. As long as its makes you go faster do it. Ya if you pump to much nos in there you'll blow yoru motor but if you do it the right way you can see significant number gains.

Op: You should do a direct port, probably the best way your going to get the most power out of the nitrious kit. Im doing a direct port 50 shot on my 2.7 over the summer.Got my eye on an edelbrock setup.Should be interesting to see some number after wards.

Nitrious is just another way of going fast like, chipping, exhaust, weight reduction. Sure there are other way he and i coudl go before nitrous to get more power, but i have yet to see a 2.7 with a direct port setup. Im not doing anything crazy like 200 shot but a nice 50 shot should be enought to gain significant power and still be safe to run on the motor.There is a guy on here with an a4 running a dry shot i think, Wondering whyt he hasent chimmed in yet

Old 02-23-2007, 02:31 AM
1st Gear

Actually, nitrous is a great add on to any turbocharged car, It lowers the intake temperature on a NA car a lot, and since the intake temps on a turbocharged car are substantially higher (thus the need for intercoolers) it should net you more hp than the actual shot will. Also allowing you to run more boost (because of less detonation due to colder intake temps).

If you ARE going to do it, start with 50.
EDIT:

oh.. **** I just read that its a V8... um.. Your engine should be able to handle a 150 shot.. (rule of thumb is 40-50% of stock hp is how much extra the engine can handle..) BUT I would get a 50-150 fogger setup. Try and be sneeky with the routing of the lines and the nozzles and solinoids, Try and mount them under ABS black plastic, or in things so that if you look at the engine, you wont be able to see the setup, And in the trunk where you mount the bottle, put a subwoofer box over it with a sub with no magnent.. And ya.. start with a 50 shot.

Andrew

Old 02-23-2007, 07:28 PM
1st Gear

As long as you run with an empty bottle your good. but if they catch you with N20 in the lines yoru car will get impounded. Thats a pretty good idea about fitting the box to fit the bottle as to hide it.

Quick Reply: how much shot?