S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

How happy are you with your stage 3 S4 any regrets?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 01:07 AM
1st Gear
Default How happy are you with your stage 3 S4 any regrets?

I bought my 01.5 S4 about 6 months ago it had a nuespeed exaust and an APR chip in it. The only thing i have done is the awe vent boost guage and some repairs/maintenance. Anyways luckily when i purchased it i got an aftermarket warrenty and already the passenger side turbo is starting to whine. I talked to a mechanic i have worked with before and he said i could replace it with K03's or K04's if i want to. Obviously the k04's make more sense performance wise. I am already planning on a jhm FMIC and trans and motor mounts. My question is how happy are you with your stage 3 car. I would want to go full stage 3 fueling, clutch, and what not but i am worried that in the end i will have put a ton of money in it and not be happy. It seems that S4's in general have a high turnover rate. I can do the work myself except the warrenty company wants a certified mechanic to do the turbos. I don't have to pay for the turbos and i have about 4 grand to spend would that be enough? Also on a side not i noticed that the fueling prices are crazy expensive, are there other options other than the apr fueling kit from what ive read the maf is whats hard to get ahold of. Sorry for the essay basically i'm torn between K03's and moving on or k04's and stickin woth it.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:11 AM
2nd Gear

Putting in K03s would be pointless. You can run a stage 3- tune with K04s, which wouldn't require new fueling. At least this way, you get the added reliability of the K04s. And a decent performance boost form the new turbos/tune.

4 grand should be plenty since the cost of the turbos and the labor is already paid for -- that's a crazy good deal. Now, your biggest expense is fueling, but the APR fueling kit is ridiculously overpriced. Send a PM to 2ks4 and inquire about a set of 60 pound injectors. They're larger than the standard RS4 injectors and will not be running at max capacity in a situation where you get a bad tank of gas or something like that.

While they have the engine out, gut the DPs into piggies and put in an upgraded clutch.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:43 AM
1st Gear

what company is the extended warranty from ? sounds awesome

(theres a cheapish but good fueling kit from VAST also)

Old 02-01-2009, 12:54 PM
1st Gear

meatbiscuit: I agree with you on going with K04's. I am going to wait until my driver side turbo fails since they will only replace the passenger side turbo. I am going to gut the dp's next weekend and do the TB kit along with the JHM FMIC sometime this month. My goal is low 12's in the 1/4 and have it be my DD. How much do you think I can get fueling for? Thanks for your input.

Ghetto301: the warranty is from fidelity warranty services, INC there # is 1-800-327-5172 they seem legit I bought it when I purchased the s4 at the dealer. It cost $2000 so it's not exactly a screaming deal but I figure with the turbos and a tranny rebuild I will come out on top. Also they have a pretty crazy process as far as requirements for reimbursement. To bad everything that has gone wrong with it so far has cost 200 dollars or less and my deductable is 250 LOL go figure this car is nickel and dimeing me to death but whatever killing mustang GT all day long is worth it.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:30 PM
3rd Gear

Meat Biscut, 2ks4 hasnt been around in almost 2 years since he totaled his Imola, did you mean 10secs4? To the OP, 10secS4 DOES sell fueling and tuning kits. Also, just because it confused me, you WILL need a new tune for bigger injectors. Its best to buy the fueling and tune from the same place.

Again Vast performance is a great place for any imformation and stage 3 fueling and tuning. EPL sells a k04 fueling kit with a tune for like $2100 i think, theyre good too but you can probably find it cheaper.

I believe audi mandates that the turbos are replaced in pairs, might want to bring that up to your warentee company, or disconnect the oil feed line and go for a drive....

As far as the transmission rebuild the only place i would go for parts is JHMotorsports.com they sell a $1100 rebuild kit with new updated synchros and 1/2 shift collar. OEM parts will fail again, this actually fixes the problem.

K04's & inlets
JHM(ebay cxracing) Frountmount
Gutted downpipes (electric exhaust cutouts also if you want)
JHM transmission rebuild
Vast clutch
Motor & transmission mounts
t-belt

Thats well over $4000 allready not including the K04's and inlets....

Id say go for it, i have my K04's in my garage im just starting to collect the rest of the stuff. For me its as follows...$10,000 +

ER Intercoolers
ASP Downpipes
AWE Twin 1
Vast Manifolds
034 Inlets
Oil lines
4:1 Differental
JHM Transmission
JHM Linkage
JHM Bushing
JHM 01E spring
034 Track Motor
034 Track Transmission
Snub cage
Apikol Diff mount
Stern Bushings
DTS Poly Mount
Rear Main Seal
Front Main Seal
Headgasket kit
Blau VCG
Front 02's
Rear 02's
EGTs
Front Wheel Bearings
Rear Wheel Bearings
Front CV
Rear CV boots
t-belt kit
Controll Arm Kit
Ligtweight pullys

Old 02-02-2009, 12:13 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by SOCALMX101
Ghetto301: the warranty is from fidelity warranty services, INC there # is 1-800-327-5172 they seem legit I bought it when I purchased the s4 at the dealer. It cost $2000 so it's not exactly a screaming deal but I figure with the turbos and a tranny rebuild I will come out on top. Also they have a pretty crazy process as far as requirements for reimbursement. To bad everything that has gone wrong with it so far has cost 200 dollars or less and my deductable is 250 LOL go figure this car is nickel and dimeing me to death but whatever killing mustang GT all day long is worth it.
did you get to choose which mechanic did the work? also was it really hard to get them to reimburse anything to you? did a separate inspector have to come and see if its legit? im thinking of doing this and getting my close family friend who has his own shop to say my turbos and my tranny blow but i wonder if they would cover crap like that. thanks for the reply man much appreciated!

Old 02-02-2009, 12:18 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by SourDieselS4
Meat Biscut, 2ks4 hasnt been around in almost 2 years since he totaled his Imola, did you mean 10secs4? To the OP, 10secS4 DOES sell fueling and tuning kits. Also, just because it confused me, you WILL need a new tune for bigger injectors. Its best to buy the fueling and tune from the same place.

Again Vast performance is a great place for any imformation and stage 3 fueling and tuning. EPL sells a k04 fueling kit with a tune for like $2100 i think, theyre good too but you can probably find it cheaper.

I believe audi mandates that the turbos are replaced in pairs, might want to bring that up to your warentee company, or disconnect the oil feed line and go for a drive....

As far as the transmission rebuild the only place i would go for parts is JHMotorsports.com they sell a $1100 rebuild kit with new updated synchros and 1/2 shift collar. OEM parts will fail again, this actually fixes the problem.

K04's & inlets
JHM(ebay cxracing) Frountmount
Gutted downpipes (electric exhaust cutouts also if you want)
JHM transmission rebuild
Vast clutch
Motor & transmission mounts
t-belt

Thats well over $4000 allready not including the K04's and inlets....

Id say go for it, i have my K04's in my garage im just starting to collect the rest of the stuff. For me its as follows...$10,000 +

ER Intercoolers
ASP Downpipes
AWE Twin 1
Vast Manifolds
034 Inlets
Oil lines
4:1 Differental
JHM Transmission
JHM Linkage
JHM Bushing
JHM 01E spring
034 Track Motor
034 Track Transmission
Snub cage
Apikol Diff mount
Stern Bushings
DTS Poly Mount
Rear Main Seal
Front Main Seal
Headgasket kit
Blau VCG
Front 02's
Rear 02's
EGTs
Front Wheel Bearings
Rear Wheel Bearings
Front CV
Rear CV boots
t-belt kit
Controll Arm Kit
Ligtweight pullys
My bad, total typo. I mean't Marc -- 10secS4. Thanks for the correction

Old 02-02-2009, 04:42 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by getto301
did you get to choose which mechanic did the work? also was it really hard to get them to reimburse anything to you? did a separate inspector have to come and see if its legit? im thinking of doing this and getting my close family friend who has his own shop to say my turbos and my tranny blow but i wonder if they would cover crap like that. thanks for the reply man much appreciated!

The mechanic i am taking it to has worked with the warranty company before but he said to go to the audi dealership and get a quote since it will be more and i can use that extra cash for parts. Hes a really cool guy but i need to talk to him again and figure out the exact process for the warranty company. My 1&2 syncros are bad so that should be easy to get done and once again i will go to the audi dealership and get a seperate quote so by the time i am done i will be getting a quote for two engine pulls at $150 an hour while my mechanic is around $90 so that should help with the build. One of my turbos is bad and from what one of the guys said a couple posts up audi mandates that they be replaced in pairs. In your case i'm not sure if they will actually come out to see if there bad but if you really wanted to i'm sure there is someone that has a bad set of K03's that you could buy or borrow and use that. Or you could go for a drive and have your oil lines plugged by all that sludge thats been building for years . I know i read a post before about warrantys and what not you might be able to find it. I think that it was on Audizine. hope that helps.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:48 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by getto301
what company is the extended warranty from ? sounds awesome

(theres a cheapish but good fueling kit from VAST also)
Your signature is hillarious!

I have really enjoyed my fueling kit from VAST. They also have one of the best guys in the Audi world to deal with, Prince. If they send you something that doesn't work 9/10 times they will take your stuff back and send you a new one.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:53 PM
1st Gear

[QUOTE=SOCALMX101;1034728]meatbiscuit: I agree with you on going with K04's. I am going to wait until my driver side turbo fails since they will only replace the passenger side turbo. I am going to gut the dp's next weekend and do the TB kit along with the JHM FMIC sometime this month. My goal is low 12's in the 1/4 and have it be my DD. How much do you think I can get fueling for? Thanks for your input.

The JHM takes a good amount of time to put it on, and you have to cut your bumper support on both sides for the tubing.

I would recommend a used set of RS4's or AWE's.

Quick Reply: How happy are you with your stage 3 S4 any regrets?