S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

honestly.. what are the chances???

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 10:33 PM
2nd Gear
Default honestly.. what are the chances???

okay.. so i just dropped around 600 for a southbend kevlar clutch disc and a RS4 pressure plate. my 2000 S4 has been slipping in 3rd gear at low boost situations for a while now, so im going to replace it all and step it up.. at least 8 hrs in the garage on my day off and just making sure i get it all right..

so heres the problem. i just got my RS4 pressure plate around 4 days ago. well .. two days ago i figured id just run the heck out of my car, figuring that id resurface the flywheel anyhow.. so i ran a couple of full boost pulls even through fourth gear. no slip. puzzling.. again.. later in the day.. pulling in third gear from 1500.. full boost, WOT.. no slip. and again and again and again today.. no slip, no slip and again, no slip..

when i changed my valve covers/cam seals and cam adjuster seals and cleaned them off with brake cleaner and such could the oil and cleaner seeped to my clutch/flywheel/pressure plate and caused a slight slippage during high boost, and then perhaps the contaminates worked themselves out after a while?? i mean.. i know its possible but has anyone else out there experienced that?? id love to hear so, because if this is very plausible i think ill wait until i get K04's put in and change it all then, instead of dealing with this headache right now to fix something that doesnt need any fixin..