S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

hit a deer

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 03:49 PM
Default RE: hit a deer

ORIGINAL: Burzum

ORIGINAL: techwood

car is a lump of metal with a driver, deer is an animal with a mind ( is the car to blame or the driver or both ) be careful next time it could be a human ( I have a few to list when your not busy )
[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

I'd blame the deer. Same friend as the story above was out hunting. Walking to his stand he saw a group of deer running acrossthe field. He yelled STOP! And a few did so BOOM meat on the table. The first thing a deer does when it doesn't know which way to run is stop. Not only that but the phrase "deer in the headlights" is absolutely accurate. When blinded they freeze up or hesitate (which is why hunting with a spot light is illegal). And lastly I'll be the time between the deer being illuminated by the headlights and impact was less than a second and a half.
[sm=rant.gif]
I know what you mean though women have the same effect when shopping

Old 10-31-2007, 04:18 PM
SoCal Crew Member/White Devil

ORIGINAL: techbod

car is a lump of metal with a driver, deer is an animal with a mind ( is the car to blame or the driver or both ) be careful next time it could be a human ( I have a few to list when your not busy )
[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

I'd blame the deer. Same friend as the story above was out hunting. Walking to his stand he saw a group of deer running acrossthe field. He yelled STOP! And a few did so BOOM meat on the table. The first thing a deer does when it doesn't know which way to run is stop. Not only that but the phrase "deer in the headlights" is absolutely accurate. When blinded they freeze up or hesitate (which is why hunting with a spot light is illegal). And lastly I'll be the time between the deer being illuminated by the headlights and impact was less than a second and a half.
[sm=rant.gif]
^[sm=icon_rofl.gif] By the way and talking from experience. The insurance company's file this as an act of god, pretty much 100% out of your control, So if you serve to avoid the animal and wreck your car in the process, They will not pay to get your car fixed. If they do they charge you with an accident and up goes your insurance. So always remeber kill all wild animals. hahaha I didn't mean it like that.
Wild animals = hit with car
domestic animals = serve and try to avoid accident.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:59 AM

ORIGINAL: techbod

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

[sm=rant.gif]
ROFL especially when they're using your money

Old 11-01-2007, 09:51 AM
1st Gear

That sux man. The insurance company will pay for the damage for sure. You should try to prove somehow that you clipped the dear before hitting the embankment. That way the claim will be filed as a no fault comprehensive rather than an at fault collision. Also, jusdging by your description, the car may be totaled. I wrecked my 330ci bmw the same way two weeks ago and it was totaled. if the firewall has a single bend on audi, bmw, mb the insurance company will total the car. Good luck and hopefully you will be fine.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:13 PM
1st Gear

so i have the quote in hand, 5,500$, no frame damage, they are replacing, right front intercooler, a/c condenser, oil cooler, all bumper parts, fog lights, head lights, bumper supports, left front fender, right front fender, hood, right front tire, they are repairing the rim, and repainting the entire front end including front doors, all new grill and emblem. one question i have is that on the quote they put the vin number and all the options the car has, it states that it is and automatic with over drive??????? its a six speed manual. this makes no sence at all to me. the fact that they said they got the info from the vin number. which number on there is for the trans option?

Old 11-04-2007, 06:24 PM

Do you have any pics? My buddy hit one in his BMW and it took a dump on his hood.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:51 PM

That's a little disturbing about the wrong transmission info on their records. Make sure you talk to the guys who are doing the work so they know exactly what kinda car they're working on.