S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Heres what I want....

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 02:08 AM
1st Gear
Default Heres what I want....

A fast S4...What do I need to do in order to achieve this desire.

Right now I have an M3 - my luxury sports car, and a highly modded WRX with around 300awhp, coilovers, big brakes, bunch of goodies.

So, I want to combine the styling/luxury and refined nature of the M3, with the AWD, high HP, and raw performance of the WRX. Hmm, S4? Dont be too flattered, i know its got plenty of its own issues. ANYWAYS..

Couple issues, I dont wanna spend much more than $17-18k right now. I dont plan on having an M3/WRX hybrid right off the bat, just eventually, but none the less I need the platform so i've got to start somewhere.

I've found a few S4's in the area going for the mid-teens ($14-16k) with mileage ranging from 80-100k. I know reliability on these things isnt Toyota-like but I do know that mileage isnt a make it or break it type of deal. If I pick up one of these with such mileage, and the timing belt/water pump issue has already been taken care of...What else do I need to worry about?

In addition, once reliability is out of the way, where do I start with mods in order to get me in the 300whp ballpark - Chip, TDO4's, what else? Lastly, do they make FMICs and fully catless exaust systems for the S4's?

Any help, suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Old 11-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Default RE: Heres what I want....

read through the forums, all your questions will be answered

Old 11-20-2006, 06:20 PM
1st Gear

But is it honestly going to take $6k+ to get a reliable 300whp S4...? Cause all the RS6 kits are around $7k and thats if you buy it together, it'd be a little cheaper making it yourself, but by how much?

Old 11-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Site Moderator

well i want a toilet made out of solid gold. but its just not in the cards now is it??

im jk..

300whp isnt too tough to achieve.. You could possibly get it dnoe with downpipes, chip, and exhaust. if not then just run 100 oct .

so youd be looking at...what.. 2500-3k based on labor.

for more power.. then your talking more serious upgrades. Also do search through the site.. i know stuff like this has been covered and can be very helpful.

But as far turbos, k04's are the ones that were OEM in the rs4, they are most common for upgrades as their a stock turbo and there really has anything yet to display any better gains. But you can get better gains if your going garret.. i.e. the gt25r and gt28rs but then youre getting much more nito the engine as well for more power and muchmuch more $$$. Ther eisnt much for FMIC.. There has been issues with it and not getting proper cooling. INcreased dual SMIC have shown as good if not better results. However, ASP is coming out with their FMIC very soon that will ship along with a spal fan & controlelr and oil cooler kit that will be more pricey but hopefully will have good gains. let me know if you have any other questions that i can help with.

Old 11-20-2006, 10:20 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: sooks
well i want a toilet made out of solid gold. but its just not in the cards now is it??

im jk..
LMAO!

Now u sounding like a Mod sooks, bit of biatch in ya LOL

Just get one of these should qure u probs?

B7RS4

Old 11-21-2006, 01:57 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the help Sooks, can things like the timing belt/water pumper/thermostat, etc. be replaced by someone with the right tools and some mechanical inclination?

Also, i've heard with the A6s that when replacing the turbos, the engines gotta come out too - i'd assume this is the same with the S4 unless the chassis is really different and allows you to access them without pulling the motor - can you do that or does a bunch of stuff have to come out?

Lastly,
What are some popular brake and suspension upgrades with these guys, do you have to get the several thousand dollar Big Brake kits to have decent stopping power or can it be done at a lesser price? With suspension, do most guys do fine with stiffer/lower springs or is it really reccomended to go with coilovers?

Though i'd ask, thanks again.

Micah

Old 11-21-2006, 06:03 AM
1st Gear

I would think that 300WHP could be achieved in A race gas chip with Dp's and a good cat back. I have seen a few dyno posts with 280WHP on k03's I don't know there hardware but I would think that it could be achieved.

Old 11-21-2006, 01:01 PM
Site Moderator

honestly, with race gas. Youd prolly only need a chip. Race gas is good for up to 50hp...its a huge difference.

Umm.. Brake upgrades.. Well i have 332mm stoptechs. I like em thus far.. but i have some delay in water which is nerveracking at times... and i get a squeak under light breaking..but thats more my pads so i wouldnt knock the brakes for that. They bite hard, and are nice in daily driving. So im happy wiht those. Alcon 6 pot are fairly popular and are very nice brakes. They are also more clearance friendly. but a bit more $$. And brembos are always nice. For some cheaper upgrades, i think porsche brakes are semi popular for slightly less money as well as ive heard some people put in a8 rotors. Or something to that effect. Im not too up to date on my brakes.

Well honestly to get the better performance, prolly go with coilovers. But if youre not too aggresive with it, yodu be fine wth a nice set of springs.. Stasis makes a nice product. as well as Bilstein pss9 those are very popular.

ya know for all the recommendations i make to companys i think i should start getting some comission on this $#!+...