S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

It is here!! and it is AMAZING!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 12:19 AM
1st Gear
Default It is here!! and it is AMAZING!

So I just picked up my white 2001 S4 today and had to drive four hours to get it, which was totally worth it. I knew it was not going to be as fast as my rx-7 (YET!) but after driving it, i could honestly care less. the car drives amazing! Where has this car been all my life. So here is the scoop on my car:
it just turned 89K miles
it needs 80K mile tune up (oil, oil filter, etc)
i got the transferable warranty which lasts until next year or 100K miles
need new rotors because front ones are gone, i plan on buying slotted
my steering column sqeaks when I turn the wheel
Already have a date for timing belt fix
and i need to start ordering my parts

So my questions are:
Does the extended warranty include all tune up's?
does that squeak mean anything? ( i really dont care, its just a noise, but i am still curious)
who do you guys recomend buying slottedrotors from?
Also, I checked the DV and it said 710B on it not 710N, is there a difference?
When do you guys put in your downpipes? cause i really dont plan on pulling my engine just to put in some piggies?
Whats more important to you guys, exhaust or chip?

Thanks to all who help. I will post some pics of it tomorrow morning after I clean the crud out of it!

Old 08-02-2007, 12:36 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: It is here!! and it is AMAZING!

Does the extended warranty include all tune up's?
Usually not included, how about calling the warranty company?
does that squeak mean anything? ( i really dont care, its just a noise, but i am still curious)
No idea, would have to see it, is it just two pieces of plastic rubbing together...
who do you guys recomend buying slottedrotors from?
AWE, APR, etcetc... STFA...
Also, I checked the DV and it said 710B on it not 710N, is there a difference?
Yes, the "N" will allow you to hold more boost once you are chipped...
When do you guys put in your downpipes? cause i really dont plan on pulling my engine just to put in some piggies?
Downpipes generally during the same time as exhaust or after a cat back exhaust has been installed...
Whats more important to you guys, exhaust or chip?
What is more important to you, sound or speed? the chip is always the bigger bang for the buck in regards to performance...

Old 08-02-2007, 02:11 AM
2nd Gear

Nice, now post some pics

Old 08-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

pics ! ! !

is it casablanca white or the pearl???

Old 08-02-2007, 11:35 AM
1st Gear

its casablanca white i am not a fan of pearl. pics will be up later this afternoon, right now i am runnign around getting it under insurance, emission, etc. A very interesting thing i found though, so when i was driving home yesterday my brother was behind while it was raining. He later told me one of my lights were out. So I checked them amd my lights were fine, it was my rear fog light was the one that was out and when i say it was out, i mean there was no bulb there. i thought that was a little strange. So i drive to advanced auto, pick up a bulb put it and while i am puting all the bulbs back in, i noticed hat the one i had just put in was not going in. i looked at the back of the tail llight and noticed that it had a rectangular shape. (this is on the passenger side by the way) its almost like audi forgot to drill a hole large enough to fit the bulb in. Any one else have this?

EDIT: also i will be doing the darintake, so any advice before i start would really help.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:03 PM
SoCal Crew Member/White Devil

I say you can never drill enough hole. I think i put about 3 million 3/4" and 1/2" holes in mine so good luck.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:17 PM
2nd Gear

As for the chip/exhaust question.... i would recommend gutting downpipes or getting aftermarket downpipes before chipping so you get good flow and arent over cooking the turbos. Just spend the $2000 and go chip, piggie pipes, and catback all at the same time.
chip 500
catback 1000
piggies (anywhere from (free-500) depending.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:25 PM
1st Gear

I know that some automotive bulbs and even household bulbs can have the same size base (brass bottom piece) although the glass is physically a completely different size ... either smaller, same size, or larger than the base. So it sounds like the bulb you have may not be the correct one.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:49 PM
1st Gear

shawncumberland: i just thought it was strange that the one on the drivers side was the exact same. i will have to continue looking into that.

So i got some 710N DV today and put them on earlier and i have to say, "Very nice".(Borat) One thing that was a little puzzling was that one of the old DV had oil on it while the other one didnt. thoughts?

I promise i will get the pics up tomorrow i have been to busy to even wash it today.

TKneedsS4: i have actually already started looking into that, my only delima is getting the piggies installed because i dont feel like paying someone to do it and I dont have the right tools. But i think i am going to go ahead and buy some just not install them and weight for the right time. what do you think yea or nea? how long do you think it would takea mechanic to pull the motor out put on the pipes and put everything back in?

Old 08-03-2007, 07:54 AM
1st Gear

Hahaha wow kickasS4 I had the exact same problem when I bought mine. I didnt mention it to anyone, just dremeled it out. But I believe my car was hit in the back at one time because there was over spray on the rear glass, and the tail light must have been replaced. I think that the audi tail lights are universal in that they work on A4 and S4, so I think someone just replaced it and never took the time to drill out the hole. Just my thoughts though.

Quick Reply: It is here!! and it is AMAZING!