S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

hello fellow audi s4 lovers

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 11:49 PM
1st Gear
Default hello fellow audi s4 lovers

New here, so hello.

I have a first half 2005 Audi S4 in white, 6speed with all the goodies.

Just bought a set of H&R springs to make it stand a little lower. (I also have another set of brand new not used before springs from H&R if you are looking to buy btw). Also have a crazy sound system

Looking for performance parts though.
Looking at milltek and other performance exhausts. looks around 15 horsepower. if i get a downpipe it increases to 30-40 yeah?
The air filter thingy doesn't look like it will do much, they say 10 horsepower but i doubt it. it runs about 349$.
the chip thing doesn't look like it's worth the 10 horsepower for 800$ and void the warranty.
but even if i got all these parts i am looking at for aroudn $4000 it would give me around 50-60 horsepower i would think.

anybody have any experiences they would like to share with 2004-newer audi performance parts.
any help is appreciated.
again if anybody wants a set of unused H&R springs for 200$(not including shipping) say so.

p.s. just cause the new grills are different doesn't mean they are better. i am more happy with the 2005 first half than the second. i can get dual exhausts and my white suede on black leather with the aluminum trim is nice.
sincerly i did love my 2002 3.0 but s4 is nice!!!

Old 09-14-2005, 11:50 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: hello fellow audi s4 lovers

also any thoughts on more internal parts fro performance is welcome.

thanks

Old 09-15-2005, 02:05 AM

Ur right the intake wont do much and u should get the exhaust it will sound a hell of alot better. Not to many options around for teh V8 s4 right now but a few other ppl may have some more input.

Old 09-15-2005, 11:57 AM
2nd Gear

You have a b6s4...very nice...

You named all the performance mods that help with HP. My B6 is completely stock, so I may not be the best source of info, but I read all of the threads on this stuff.

I'd pass on the intake and the chip at this point...as you said, I find it hard to believe that the intake will net that kind of hp gains, and that is the feeling of most others. The chip is kind of expensive, but there are some benifits other than hp, and some dealers will not void warranty...or chip software can be flashed back to Stock...impossible for dealer to tell that you have a chip.

I'd go with the exhaust...better sound and best performance gain.

There is a supercharger set up for the b6....but $$$$ and no independent verification on performance gains...plus...bye bye warranty.

There is another B6 owner on this forum looking at cams...not sure about the story on that.

Also look at doing some weight reduction....unsprung weight especially wheels....

Old 09-15-2005, 01:02 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the posts guys. I have replaced the chip before in other cars so yeah you can change it back without warranty issues/them finding out or whatever, i used to race imports in Los Angeles so i have a good fair amount of knowledge on aftermarket parts and what the horsepower gain will be. The intake rated at a 10+ horsepower is hard to imagine since it doesn't even extend to be a cold air like intake down near the fog lights type thing.

Yeah I think exhaust is probobly the way to go, i always hate it when cars have no mods except for exhaust...but that's mostly on slower cars. About 8 years ago i had a civic and had everything including NOS with a stock exhaust...it was a sleeper...everyone who doesn't know **** looks at exhausts to see if your car seems to be fast. all show no go type thing....

I might get the intake anyways, it's not too much money...the sound could be pretty cool even if i only get 5 horsepower...

Indeed S4 need some weight loss....got to love the quiet interior decibals when you going 90 on the freeway!!

audi makes the best interior,dash etc i think

@abacab:i thought the first half 2005 S4 was a b7? your saying it's a b6 yeah?
and again if you want some H&R spings brand new i have a set for sale....

THANKS!

Old 09-15-2005, 01:10 PM
1st Gear

see here:http://www.stratmosphere.com/milltek_s4_exhaust.htm

stratmosphere ^ also has the intake thing i was thinking about getting.

I figure if you have the exhaust and the downpipe if it works together to be a pretty significant gain off possibly 25-35 horsepower (they say 15 horspower on the exhaust,15 on the downpipe, so roughly 30)

downpipe 1900$
exhaust 1100$

3000$ for exhaust is kind of steep.30 horsepower isn't bad but i suppose with 10,000$ you could get a supercharger and have 80+ horspower.

i need some money

Old 09-15-2005, 01:21 PM
1st Gear

I see APR has a full cat system with downpipe for $2199. also a chip for $599

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/689226
has a nice AWE exhaust.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:46 PM
2nd Gear

I'm thinking wheels....need a winter setup...so I think I'll put my winter tires on the stock avus wheels, then get some bbs rgr wheels for non winter use...

Also thinking about miltek dp and catback...everyone that has them seems to be happy with the sound and how they fit.

I'm still wait and see on the chip...and no s/c for me...

I agree...the interior is killer...simple, comfortable, quite....functional...

B6 is 2004 - 2005...then 2005.5 on is b7....b7 has the new front grill and tail lights...that is the easiest way to tell them apart.

Old 09-15-2005, 03:32 PM
1st Gear

sounds cool. maybe we can get some sort of deal if we buy the downpipe and catback at the same time from miltek!

your in NY aye? just got back from their on 11th...was djing at some party bar there over the weekend.
didn't drive the s4 though...took the train.

i do alot of driving and the roads sometimes are shitty in D.C. so i'm not going to go to 19 inch wheels even though i want to. i just drive it too much right now.
i want the HRE 650's or whatever they are called.

"and no s/c for me... "

what's s/c?

Old 09-15-2005, 03:46 PM
2nd Gear

s/c = supercharger

Quick Reply: hello fellow audi s4 lovers