S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

GT25 kit.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 06:33 PM
2nd Gear
Default GT25 kit.....

I cant seem to find the thread and or info im really looking for.....

Does any1 got some real in depth info about the GT25 kit.... form ASP i believe? or whoever it was.....
TIA
-TK

Old 04-21-2007, 03:57 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: GT25 kit.....

From what I have read and seen the ASP kit is not worth all the hype. It has been over a year that there kit has been out and after they claimed the car was a low 11 sec car it seems that there kit is slower than a ko4 S4

ASP slower than ko4

https://www.audiforums.com/m_493130/tm.htm#495568

This is the actual time slip from the track. Jay quick (the guy that makes the shifters) is the car on the right. His car is a ko4 car. The left guy is the ASP GT car. I personally have never seen the car and every time I hear about the car someone says that the car is broken. It seems to run fine to me.

I would talk to the guys at VAST. here is a vid of there car in action.

VAST car on pump Vs. ko4 car on 110oct

http://www.vastperformance.com/movie...VS%20GT600.wmv

I know that they have been waiting to release there kit untill they think its 100%

Looks 100% to me

Old 04-21-2007, 05:21 AM
2nd Gear

Autospeed makes the GT25R kit for the B5's. This is pretty much the full description:

http://www.autospeedperformance.com/...t25R/GT25R.htm

I'd love to hear how fast this thing runs so please buy it!!! Dont let the $13000 price tag discourage you!

510wTQ and 492wHP [sm=drlove.gif] [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 04-21-2007, 07:29 AM
1st Gear

the asp kit is the same one on the car that got beat by a ko4 car.
you would be better off throwing away your money
for 13k the car better be faster then 12s and the mph was a huge joke.

I love to see people pushing the limmits of the 2.7t but you might want to wait a while before you get a gt kit.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:14 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Woodhead2k

Autospeed makes the GT25R kit for the B5's. This is pretty much the full description:

http://www.autospeedperformance.com/...t25R/GT25R.htm

I'd love to hear how fast this thing runs so please buy it!!! Dont let the $13000 price tag discourage you!
Mmm... 13K?[:'(]

Sounds reasonable nex to the 20K or for the supercharger for the B6/B7

Old 04-21-2007, 02:42 PM
1st Gear

Reading this thread makes me wonder if when you push the limits of the 2.7 (of which I have no idea what they are), how strong are the engine components...I'm pretty sure the internals can take some abuse, but over time, the additional torque and high hp numbers can take their toll. Whenbuilding my SR20DET, i'm using not just certain name brand internal components, i'm using the strong (proven) stuff that will last and help to support a healthy 400 or more hp, and thats at the wheels for competition. No street driving for sure.

Not that I have looked around that much, but after seeing the setup that Vast used (hats off to those guys) and the unique build that ASP did (again very nice) what did they do as far as pistons, rods, cams...all the usual stuff that several other imports capitalize on when building a boosted engine?

Now unless the Audiinternals are damn near bullet-proof, who makes this kind of stuff or is it all special/custom ordered? I'm getting a new short block from Audi because my '01 S4 has over 149,000 miles on it, I just want to break in the engine nicely at first then see what I can do to it. It wil be my daily (sleeper) driver.

Twin GT25's are pretty nice and the sound like a huge performance upgrade for the 2.7.But i've been in several twin turbo cars that have been upgraded with bolt-ons and a built engine. Other than the rotaries (my apologies to those that like them), all those cars are still running solid.

Comments? Being a co-owner of a fledgling tuningshop back home, i'm always open to new ideas and ways to make more horsepower from small engines.

Laters from the IZ....Sean

Old 04-21-2007, 04:38 PM
1st Gear

This is a pretty neat kit. I wonder how it is to drive on the street. The regular k04 kits have full torque around 1700 rpms lower then this one. This kit makes a nice steady torque curve but I am wondering if you wouldn't have to rap it out all the time. I wonder if it would be more fun just slightly getting into it just screwing around with the k04 kit rather then revving it much higher to get into same torque figures. I am interested to see some more reviews cause those are some badass numbers.

Old 04-21-2007, 05:32 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: twinturbomew

the asp kit is the same one on the car that got beat by a ko4 car.
you would be better off throwing away your money
for 13k the car better be faster then 12s and the mph was a huge joke.

I love to see people pushing the limmits of the 2.7t but you might want to wait a while before you get a gt kit.
Running K04s will get you into the 11s, if you saw the video the GT's walked all over the K04s (That car was an 11.7sec 1/4) so with the GT's you'll be looking at the 10s and with some luck maybe the 9s judging how it ran against the K04s.

Old 04-21-2007, 06:44 PM
1st Gear

I am refering to the asp kit as a waste of money

the asp car is the one that got beat by the ko4 car both of the cars were on race gas

the vid on he bottom is the vast car on pump gas beating a ko4 car on race gas

Old 04-22-2007, 05:27 AM
2nd Gear

Oh ok I think you were talking about another video, I was referring to the one he posted. Thats amazing how bad that Vast car walked all over the K04 car.