S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

G35 = bye bye

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 04:22 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: G35 = bye bye

haha sometimes they do deserve a good lesson. It seems that a good percent will mad dog you into a race... then they gotta get spanked... and that impressive that the 330 can take them, does the zhf package add power or just bettter cosmetics/braking/suspension

Old 05-09-2007, 11:08 PM
2nd Gear

The ZHP is (was) a great package - hp up by about 10 and Torque 8 (doesn't seem like much - but its more under the curve throghout) and lightweight flywheel, tighter cams, M3 brakes, short shifter, nice Alcantra/coth seats lowered with stiffer suspension, bigger (18") & wider wheelsand suposedly the tightest steering ratio on any production BMW - its quite good (+ some cosmetic exterior stuff - similar to M3 treatments). Also revs higher (and easily/routinely dips into the red with no problem and no rev or speed limiter...) - its really like a BMW factory tuned 330. It ends up being an awesome car - very sporting and quite quick. 0-60 - 5.6 sec and 14.4 -1/4...OK no stage 3 but pretty impressive really - and the handling really shines. Power and handling particularly notably better then standard 330 of the time - I test drove many back to back and the non-ZHP felt universally slushy and slow in comparison. I also know how to get the most out of the car so I can pretty routinly handle WRXs, G35s (and all manner of Nissan 3.5 cl product...), S2000s, Porsche Boxters, Mustang GTs and really quite a lot (in factI took a [stockI assume] B5S4 once!). And I've kept up with (current gen) M3s (within 1 1/2 car lenghts up through trip digit speeds) and taken (again I'm assuming stock) e36 M3s in it. I imagine the newer G35/37 whatever has an advantage now (slight)...but after having driven one (AWD/auto/sedan) I would take the 330 ZHP any day - it just drives so much sporty and easier - very tossable and quite quick. I still like the S4 better - for a variety of reasons - but its close - AWD for year round full use is a big factor - plus I like the uniqueness of the Avant and the huge power & torque of course. Still I would argue that for many the ZHP would be a better (and more fun) car. I'm also pulling back with the S4 for instance - and though it handles quite well its not as light on its feet as the ZHP. ZHP is really a pretty amazing package - it can easily be pushed (in some ways it is so competent and linear to be boring in comparison to the S4 however...just in comparison...) - it has better road feel and handling (feel) then the S4 - while maintaing ride comfort better as well. Great car - can't say enough positive about it...

Old 05-09-2007, 11:23 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Awsome to hear that the ZHP is good. Ive always like the e46's. hate the new e90's though. haha

Old 05-11-2007, 11:13 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: ADubyaD

Awsome to hear that the ZHP is good. Ive always like the e46's. hate the new e90's though. haha
Agreed...e90 is just another "old peoples" car! ...wit a second -I am an old person ! (to most of you certainly...)...e46 (particularly ZHP) is much more sporty looking as well as smaller and nimbler - though e90 apparently drives quite well so I'm told - still - too big IMO - and stodgy looking - inside and out.