S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

First mods to do on B6 S4

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 11:42 PM
SoCal Crew Member

i have had my b6 s4 for a few years now... i love it to death... the sound, the low end torque, the sound... and did i mention the SOUND! it's a great car, and a very good looking, respectable adult car.... but it is a huge pain in the a$$ to work on and it's very expensive.... i may end up getting a b5 s4 in a year or two and get rid of the b6... i love the b6 interior too... but the car is just more trouble than it may be worth...

Old 04-27-2009, 02:01 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bigern45
No.. rs6's much sooner than that.. peak boost is about 300 to 500 rpms higher then k04's.. the gt kit takes a little while longer to spool.. i talked to jason at jhmotorsports specifically about this info and thats the answer i got.. again.. its his r and d...not mine.. but i think his reputation is pretty good as far as that is concerned... still... a gt kit for 1000 more than what im going to spend on rs6's is pretty cool.. im sure he could work out a fueling/tuning kit as well...
Ya RS6's would be my way to go before the GT's. But then I don't own a 2.7 soo. Not to bash or belittle any performance company but I wouldn't take anything ASP dose as REAL or truthful. They said they had a 500whp ko4 car a few years back till they finally got called out on it. They also built what they said was a 750whp car that struggled to go 12's

You can put on RS6's if im not mistaken for less or about the same as the GT's and they are strong turbos that will have lots of headroom. Not only that but you don't need to build the motor for them just keep the boost in check.

But in the end back to the B6 I love mine I feel that the performance market is really coming along. Dollar for dollar I still think the B6 is close to in line with the B5 considering what you are getting

Old 04-27-2009, 06:15 PM
2nd Gear

yeah.. thats what im going with in my build.. just rather have a turbo not being pushed to the extremes and have reliable power in the 450-500 whp range.. to get that with k04's you need to push them full bore.. which may not be a bad thing.. ive put my k03's through hell and i still get my best runs at the drag strip after 8 or 9 runs.. so they still put out strong and ive been running them hard for almost a year now.. but rs6's for the deal im getting and hopefully will have for a few years due to treatin' them good will work out just fine for me.. and just imagine twice the power im putting to the ground with my stage 2 right now.. wow.. thats gonna be sweet...

Old 04-28-2009, 03:30 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by maybestock
Working on nitrous myself. Im a big fan of nitrous you can keep alot of stress of the motor until its needed. Starting with a 75 shot of Zex.Its a cheap system and a no brainer. Trust me I run Nitrous on almost everything and run NX and NOS on my drag cars but Zex is so simple you almost have to be a idiot to hurt your motor. They sell for around 600 bucks and include a computer system that watches bottle pressure WOT and Mas air. Im not going to say theres not a system that makes more power but this ones a simple fix. Ran a 75 shot in my s2000 for 2 years with tons of bottles through it very fast. Also theres fuel chemicals out there that make large power but can be hard on a motor if ran for a long time. Look up Klots Nitropropane great stuff!
can I get some more info on this nitrous thing??

if i get that $600 zex kit, and that nitrous plate that is installed between the intake manifold and the head, will that be all?? or do i need to get anything else??

I am getting my exhaust and chip tune done within this week, the next step will be nitrous so I want to get more info on this. Just exactly what I need for this nitrous setup

Thanks...

Old 04-28-2009, 04:33 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by TURBO_S2K
can I get some more info on this nitrous thing??

if i get that $600 zex kit, and that nitrous plate that is installed between the intake manifold and the head, will that be all?? or do i need to get anything else??

I am getting my exhaust and chip tune done within this week, the next step will be nitrous so I want to get more info on this. Just exactly what I need for this nitrous setup

Thanks...

Well before you spend any money you should make sure it goes between the upper and lower intake manifold cause there have been many NOS explosions when people have tried spraying before the intake flaps.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:22 AM
2nd Gear
Wink

Originally Posted by justincredible
Well before you spend any money you should make sure it goes between the upper and lower intake manifold cause there have been many NOS explosions when people have tried spraying before the intake flaps.
wow.. sounds exciting!!!

Old 04-29-2009, 04:32 AM
1st Gear

so wouldn't I be taking care of this when i get the nitrous plate from JHM?

Old 04-29-2009, 02:10 PM
1st Gear

Yes, but the Zex kit dose not.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:31 AM
1st Gear

Yes, but the Zex kit dose not.

so the zex kit ($600) + the nitrous plate ($??), that's it to have a complete nitrous setup??

Old 04-30-2009, 03:11 PM
1st Gear

You don't need to do all that. From what I understand. The JHM kit will come with everything you need to get NOS on your car safely. But I don't think its out yet. You may want to E mail them.

V8@jhmotorsports.com

Quick Reply: First mods to do on B6 S4