S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

First mods to do on B6 S4

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 02:43 PM
2nd Gear

Rear swaybar is the biggest bang for the buck. $250 to improve your handling noticably. I have Milltek exhaust and the sound is awesome. That with the chip gave me a noticable improvement in power but not sure of the actual hp. I've heard 30-40. Lightweight rims will do wonders in the looks department.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:25 PM
1st Gear

Working on nitrous myself. Im a big fan of nitrous you can keep alot of stress of the motor until its needed. Starting with a 75 shot of Zex.Its a cheap system and a no brainer. Trust me I run Nitrous on almost everything and run NX and NOS on my drag cars but Zex is so simple you almost have to be a idiot to hurt your motor. They sell for around 600 bucks and include a computer system that watches bottle pressure WOT and Mas air. Im not going to say theres not a system that makes more power but this ones a simple fix. Ran a 75 shot in my s2000 for 2 years with tons of bottles through it very fast. Also theres fuel chemicals out there that make large power but can be hard on a motor if ran for a long time. Look up Klots Nitropropane great stuff!

Old 04-22-2009, 12:54 AM
1st Gear

I found that the DP's are the best money spent. Most chips are just smoke and mirrors with no results. NOS is a great way to go for power of course. But remember you don't have a 88 dodge shadow. The B6/7 S4 have multi stage intake manifolds and if you even think of spraying NOS in the car you need to spray it after the intake runners or you will get a real nice NOS back fire when the flaps in the intake change and there is turbulence.

Here is a NOS kit made for the B6/7 S4... After you get the NOS you can get headers. I just got mine last week

Attached Thumbnails First mods to do on B6 S4-nitrous_plate_4.jpg   First mods to do on B6 S4-copy-copy-jhm_b6-b7_s4_longtube_header_prototype_almost_complete_5.jpg  

Last edited by justincredible; 04-22-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:47 PM
pms
1st Gear

Originally Posted by justincredible
...After you get the NOS you can get headers. I just got mine last week
Dyno numbers (please tell me you have before and after numbers)?
How does it sound?
Inquiring minds want to know!

Old 04-23-2009, 01:43 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by pms
Dyno numbers (please tell me you have before and after numbers)?
How does it sound?
Inquiring minds want to know!
I haven't had the chance to install mine yet. But several of the people that have then love them and rave about the performance. If you look at the stock manifolds you can clearly see that is a weak spot.

As far as sound http://videos.streetfire.net/video/J...oit_643331.htm
There might be some other clips from people. But the video of my car was made by the same fella that dose some of the JHM videos so I saw it there. The blue car has the headers. Watch it take off at the end of the video.

I think there is more info on there site or you can E mail them v8@jhmotorsports.com

Attached Thumbnails First mods to do on B6 S4-jhm_b6-b7_s4_header_rnd2.jpg  
Old 04-23-2009, 02:01 PM
1st Gear

best bang for buck: sell and get b5.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:08 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by klhbeetle
lol..agreed... you could have a 450 whp beast for that price...

Old 04-24-2009, 02:27 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by klhbeetle
A year ago I would have agreed with you but not now. B6 stage 2 is faster the a B5 Stage 2. There are more B5 guys that track the cars and there are sum superfast Stage 2/3/4 cars but with what would be considered to be a stage 3 B6 is most likely going to be in the same league as a B5 S4 stage 3 (well we will see) but power wise you are actually better off with the B6 for the money. Thats the way I see it.

The B5 is great and there are some real performers out there for sure. But The B6 crowd is making a strong push to try and keep the S4 name in good standing.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:07 AM
1st Gear

...but power wise you are actually better off with the B6 for the money. Thats the way I see it.

I'm kind of a n00b, so I'm wondering why you say this, you seem to know what you're talking about. Not trying to start an argument, I love B6s and almost bought one. I drove a few, loved the sound, and stock-for-stock felt a little quicker than a B5.

But for the price of a stock B6 S4 you can buy a K04ed B5. B6 S4s are going for high-teens right now. For that money you can get a well-sorted, low miles B5 pushing 400whp.

"Stage 3" B6s will hopefully be hanging with Stage 3 B5s. But for the price of a B6+SC you could have a B5+GT Kit for 600+ whp.

From my B5 observations: K04s (STG 3) is the new STG 2, and GTs are the new K04s. With the release of the new ATP GT Eliminators, this may literally be true, if you're talking dollar for dollar.

Yes, huge gains are (potentially) being made in the B6/B7 platform, but people are still pushing the B5 platform as well. Dollar for dollar, bang for buck: B5.

So as not to totally thread-jack, to the OP:

My vote is if you want power/sound: Catback (and DPs, budget depending.) You're going to see small hp gains no matter what single mod you throw on, you might as well get badass growl with it.

If you want handling: Sways (cheap) or Coilovers (expensive)

If you want Bling/Handling: Lightweight wheels.

I think where you start is up to you, I like handling first, then power.

My .02, feel free to correct any misinformation.

Last edited by klhbeetle; 04-24-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:06 PM
pms
1st Gear

...As far as sound http://videos.streetfire.net/video/J...oit_643331.htm
There might be some other clips from people. But the video of my car was made by the same fella that dose some of the JHM videos so I saw it there. The blue car has the headers. Watch it take off at the end of the video....
...drool...(you owe me a new keyboard)

Quick Reply: First mods to do on B6 S4