S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Finally taking delivery

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 07:34 AM
1st Gear
Default Finally taking delivery

If all goes well, I should begettingmy 2007 S4 today. Unfortunately, I work today and tomorrow, so my wife will be picking it up for me. (It's that I can't get it until Saturday!) Got one of the best deals I ever made on a car for it. Car had been "sold" months ago, but the deal fell through and the dealership was getting anxious to sell it. Paid 7k less than sticker price. Fully loaded too!

My favorite thing about the car is the steering. I have never felt speed senstive steering before, so I am not sure if it's mostly that, or just Audi steering in general, butit's extremely smooth.

I wanted to do some mods, but I am seeing the B7 is pretty well tuned out of the box. What I find odd is that I was under the impression that the RS4 uses the same engine, yet had 420 horses. There must be alot morein the difference than I first expected if you can only squeeze 10hp out of a tune. It's dissappointing, considering I just came out of a 400hp N/Avehicle that gained 28hp from a tune, 14hp from an intake etc. Oh well, less money to max out the engine without messing with forced induction or nitrous.

I do want a bit more sound though. I think I may add mufflers and possibly an intake and just leave it at that. The only question I have so far is this. Every vehicle I have ever owned developed odd habits when I added intakes to them. I know what some of the problem may have been that the ECM wasn't tuned, but these were intakes that shouldn't have needed tuning. Responsiveness actually decreased in some cases.

Anyone have problems with the B7 with this, if an intake is even available yet?