S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Few questions about turbo upgrade...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Default RE: Few questions about turbo upgrade...

What are the numbers for the ko9 and were can i get s pair

Old 07-24-2007, 05:11 PM
1st Gear

I checked for the ko9 and there is no such part # threw air works or borg worner.. that dosnt mean they don't exsist that just means the refrence may be scued. there are several tuners out there that can make hybrid turbos with the rs6 wheel.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:41 AM
1st Gear

DevilS4 -- are you still on stock injectors?

I think some of you are not quiet understanding me...I am well aware that k04's are better turbos than ko3/ko4's but like i said, i dont want to spend a fortune on this, and got a good deal on the ko3/ko4's so what the heck. I honestly dont see why i cant put down atleast somewhere between 300-350WHP with hybrids and supporting mods. My main concern is fuel management and injector size.

From my experience, i would put the turbos on there, find the maximum boost i can run on a stock motor and where the turbos will still be efficient, throw some 450cc injectors in and tune it with a piggy back(an s-afc or equivalent)....but as far as i know they dont work well on audi's not to mention i cant find any wiring diagrams of the ecu

Old 07-25-2007, 12:54 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: cred05
DevilS4 -- are you still on stock injectors?

I think some of you are not quiet understanding me...I am well aware that k04's are better turbos than ko3/ko4's but like i said, i dont want to spend a fortune on this, and got a good deal on the ko3/ko4's so what the heck. I honestly dont see why i cant put down atleast somewhere between 300-350WHP with hybrids and supporting mods. My main concern is fuel management and injector size.

From my experience, i would put the turbos on there, find the maximum boost i can run on a stock motor and where the turbos will still be efficient, throw some 450cc injectors in and tune it with a piggy back(an s-afc or equivalent)....but as far as i know they dont work well on audi's not to mention i cant find any wiring diagrams of the ecu
Dude, it's not going to happen. Did the turbo's come with a compressor map? My guess is they are no good over 21psi. Forget everything your know about other cars, & start reading up on the Audi. The ECU is VERY, VERY smart, even more so then most new cars. Boost is controlled through the ECU & N75 valve, it likes it that way. Don't forget about the variable cam timing, ignition timing, & injector duty cycle. Piggyback controllers & the S4 don't seam to like each other. The ECU will throw CEL's, put you in LIMP mode (5psi max) & just not be happy. If you try to trick the ECU with another controller, the ECU will cut boost & timing to what it wants. It really needs to be coded inside the ECU.

300whp is very doable, much over that & it's going to be EXPENSIVE, there is just no way around it. With what you have, you are STUCK with what it is matched to. That might be part of the reason you got them cheap.

I also don't understand why you are so hung up on fuel injector size. There are quite a few K04 cars running on stock injectors, & doing just fine. RS4 injectors are way more then you can use with a K03 hybrid.

Purchase a Vag-com & ECU-X, run some logs, tune your fueling needs with a adjustable FPR & Lemi. Run some more logs & get it all fine tuned.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:42 AM
1st Gear

You are pretty much stuck. You can get fueling to work with your GIAC chip. But you will need to contact VAST Performance. As they use a version of the GIAC chip in there stage 3 fueling kits. as for ABT and there tuning I would sell it and see if you can get better support somewhere else.

If it helps let me know what you want for the injectors and maf I will purchase them from you. As my car uses the same maf. I also have greengiants (stage 3 injectors if you are interested in a trade) Keep the air box as if you go with the VAST kit they use the RS4 air box.

Other than that I think you got a good deal because the parts are not worth any thing. None of what you have is very expensive.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:58 AM
1st Gear

I would seroiusly concider dumping the abt stuff and contacting vast to see ifthey can help with you using the x chip for fueling. that's what I'm doing.

look at it this way abt is not a real power house in the 2.7t community. if I'm not mastaken I beat a stage 6 abt S4 in my stage 3 jetta like 2 years ago. they have never been real big in the power game. the turbos are not exactly power houses so if you want to make the 300WHP a lot of that is going to be in the tuning. I would deffinitly not go the abt route if you do I would suspect that you will never make the same power you would if you sold your stuff and got real tuning.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:24 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: 2k S4

Dude, it's not going to happen. Did the turbo's come with a compressor map? My guess is they are no good over 21psi. Forget everything your know about other cars, & start reading up on the Audi. The ECU is VERY, VERY smart, even more so then most new cars. Boost is controlled through the ECU & N75 valve, it likes it that way. Don't forget about the variable cam timing, ignition timing, & injector duty cycle. Piggyback controllers & the S4 don't seam to like each other. The ECU will throw CEL's, put you in LIMP mode (5psi max) & just not be happy. If you try to trick the ECU with another controller, the ECU will cut boost & timing to what it wants. It really needs to be coded inside the ECU.

300whp is very doable, much over that & it's going to be EXPENSIVE, there is just no way around it. With what you have, you are STUCK with what it is matched to. That might be part of the reason you got them cheap.

I also don't understand why you are so hung up on fuel injector size. There are quite a few K04 cars running on stock injectors, & doing just fine. RS4 injectors are way more then you can use with a K03 hybrid.

Purchase a Vag-com & ECU-X, run some logs, tune your fueling needs with a adjustable FPR & Lemi. Run some more logs & get it all fine tuned.

Ok, that sounds like the way ill go. Stock injectors, vag-com and ecu-x, thanks

Old 07-25-2007, 02:05 PM
1st Gear

Let me know if you would like to sell your MAF and injectors I will be happy to help yourecoup some of your money