S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans
View Poll Results: A poll
ER SMIC
66.67%
AWE SMIC
33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

ER Smic or AWE Smic

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 07:44 PM
2nd Gear
Default ER Smic or AWE Smic

Im dying to upgrade the SMIC, and have been waiting for ages for ER to release SMIC with IC shroud, but cant wait too much longer[:@]

I know that AWE 's are a proven product but when u see the AWE sitting next to the ER's, the ER's r freaking huge![sm=badbadbad.gif]

Knowing my luck i will prob buy the AWE's and a week latter the ER's will be released [sm=headbang.gif]

Old 08-28-2007, 11:53 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: ER Smic or AWE Smic

ER's are very sexy, but I get a feeling they are a royal PITA to install & require a lot more cutting.

One BIG plus for the AWE is the shrouds, ER just use modified stockers.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:34 AM
2nd Gear

Got some mail back from Fred @ ER telling me everything is sold and most of it has gone to Wicked!

There are back logged for a wile too...

I would love the ER, but i think they are not really letting on as to how much 'trimming' is really required?

I saw the post on AW wile go buot one of the guys fitting ER after he had the AWE and there wasnt lot of trimming needed?

There isnt any shrouds yet and there isnt any outlook either?[:@]

Hay 2k wat u vote for?

Old 08-29-2007, 11:08 AM
3rd Gear

I voted for ER's, why is your car being towed?

Old 08-29-2007, 07:02 PM
3rd Gear

Pics, this is the ER IC's compaired to the RS4 IC's, yea, there is no cutting required. [:@]

Old 08-30-2007, 06:50 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah saw the post on AW wile go, i think it was madman wasnt it who went for the ER's?

Me car got towed coz some biatch run me off the road, climbed the kerb, blew 2 tyres on the rite side of car, big big bang alrite!- luck no panel damage![]

The cars fine just the rims are fvcked and waiting on the S8 rims and Vogtland C/O from Startup to freaking arrive[:@]

The ER's are freaking massive, u can fit like 3 RS4 coolas in the ER's

I would never go the RS4's coz too much stuffing round + not cheap

Im not planning on going Stage III ever (touching wood atm) so the AWE would suffice for the StageII+ im going to, but it would be unreal to be able to say i got ER's SMIC

Hay if u going the ER's 2k, let me know when u done with AWE's

Old 08-30-2007, 06:58 AM
2nd Gear

Sorry 2k, wat i meant bi no cutting is that if u have fitted AWE's already there is 'minimal' cutting from what ER told me?

More like massive cutting as i cant see them fitting in smae space with out some massive surgery[sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif]

Old 08-30-2007, 12:27 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Dr.S4
Sorry 2k, wat i meant bi no cutting is that if u have fitted AWE's already there is 'minimal' cutting from what ER told me?

More like massive cutting as i cant see them fitting in smae space with out some massive surgery[sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif]
I don't think that I'll switch, but who knows where the car will be in a couple of years. The cutting on the AWE's was simple, & really not much at all, it took me 20min with my dremal tool. I do not see how ER can say there isn't a lot cutting, the AWE's fill the space up, the ER's look like they are 2x the size.

Old 08-30-2007, 02:13 PM
1st Gear

if DR S4 is never going to stage III then ER would be a waste and probably be a wash or hinder performance anyways... the basics to flow is keeping pressure consistent and if the intercooler is that massive you have to believe that the volume inside is bigger therefore leading to expansion and perhaps slight loss ofair movement/momentum unless under massive amounts of boost... I could be flat out wrong, but if you’re not considering stage III then I would just go with AWE...

Old 08-31-2007, 02:46 AM
2nd Gear

No wat u mean shawno, but the ER are bout same price as AWE[:@]

Plus i dont trust ER's judgement of'trimming' to fits these in

One thing it likebout the RS4 coolas is there very smooth end tank design and the way it results in the use of all the bar & plates in IC