S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

dream b5 audi s4

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 08:25 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: dream b5 audi s4

Best of luck - however I would consider starting with a Honda (or maybe a Subie) or something similar first and seeing how you take to it (before jumping into Audi - which may eat up your $ in maintenence before you even get to real tuning). Also i wouldn't be so fixated on any HP figure. Just take it in steps and enjoy it as you go along. Also most really high HP cars are designed more for drag racing versus daily driving - sure you get gobs of HP after you mash it down and the turbos spool up and away you go...but just for driving around town they are likely not the most fun or practicle.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:41 AM
1st Gear

ok did u read about the kid with the m5 from Florida take in account what he was looking to do and what ended up happing. you seem to have the same mindset

how much seat time you have in anything ??

you seem to have bounced around a bit Datson<A4<S4 likely to have a new flavor of the week tomorrow

remember the other costs like insurance, tickets ect.

oh do some research for yourself you will find alot of info

Old 02-21-2008, 12:53 AM
1st Gear

Dude, Get an A4. Dont take this personally, but no 16 year old wil be able to afford to keep an S running properly, let alone mod it. Im an engineer, make almost 60K a year, and every time my breaks its like "GOD DAMMIT!" because thats money I didnt plan on spending.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:57 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Artrip

Dude, Get an A4. Dont take this personally, but no 16 year old wil be able to afford to keep an S running properly, let alone mod it. Im an engineer, make almost 60K a year, and every time my breaks its like "GOD DAMMIT!" because thats money I didnt plan on spending.
Either you have one hell of a mortgage or you need to stop snorting dope... I bought the S4 to tear it apart... hahah...

Old 02-21-2008, 08:52 AM
3rd Gear

haha if i didnt smoke weed id have garretts by now

Old 02-21-2008, 09:29 AM
2nd Gear

^^ weed's illegal.. i'm telling ...

MODS!!!

so what your posting , HP, is just mostly ~high~ jiberish while listening to Raggae or Jimmy Buffet?? lol

Old 02-21-2008, 09:59 AM
1st Gear

I bought the car and the house in the same year, hence why I have no money. Now is a good time to buy a house though, once the real estate market picks up, I should make 15-20K easily.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:31 PM
1st Gear

This just makes me laugh a 16 year old who wants a 600+ hp s4 im 18 almost 19 and i got mine like 6 months ago its wonderful i had all these aspirations to go big with the car but I am starting college in the fall and i will be tight on money so **** that for now. First no 16 year old should have a car with this much power. When i was 17 I did 155 in my friends 1997 sr20det 240sx at night in the middle of no where. Before my s4 i drove an old accord which i topped out at 125-130 coming home from work one night. Since both of these experiences i havent even driven over 110. Its not worth it and believe me from 16 to almost 19 I have become a much better driver. Its only three years but it makes all the difference. SkateBoarder save your money do well in school and just buy any car that you want when you get out of school. Thats why I havent done anything to the s4 I am gunna drive it through college and when i get out either just buy sell it and get a stage 3 b5 s4 or buy the new s4. For now just buy a clean 1.8t a4 and just go big turbo on it thats fast enough man. Or go nuts and get a kouki 240 with an sr20 with 10 inch tires on the back with 9 on the front throw a bigger turbo get a tune and youll have a real good looking car. At 16 just look for a cheaper car like a gsx(AWD Eclipse, for those who don't know anything about cars), you can pick one of those up for so cheap and they real fast and cheap to maintain and much easier to upgrade. Or even a VR-4 or **** just buy an EVO-8, with that kind of money. thats my take. Ditch the s4 impossible at your age to do what you want with it and get a different car. (lol to the mitsu cars) but they good cars.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:55 PM
1st Gear

i didnt read the whole thing before posting.

Kid dont compare an s4 to these japanese cars. All of those Supra's and Skylines that make 700-1000 hp are highly tuned and besides the engine block itself nothign is stock on the car. You prolly do not know what goes into a motor but I am not gunna explain it anyway. These cars cost 80grand easily in parts and arent even fun to drive. The thign about an s4 is you can go 500-550 hp and not touch the internals on the motor. In a rb26 or a sr20 or a 1jz ro 2jz all of these need to have the top end reworked before that, and when they hit like 600 about then teh bottom end and that costs so much money. And before you go for 600+ hp in an s4 call Wicked motorsports up and ask them how much money they have put into internals on the motor, the number would prolly be mind blowing to you. but what do i know. GO FOR IT. Actually go for your first dream and get a 240 with 1000hp ask anyone that'll cost you near 100grand.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:17 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: tmgolfx360

Ditch the s4 impossible at your age to do what you want with it and get a different car. (lol to the mitsu cars) but they good cars.
With that comment, I'm taking it you have never owned one? I have owned a GSX, they are alright, but "good" is pushing it.

Shawn

Quick Reply: dream b5 audi s4