S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

curiosity question how many ppl moved from the honda world

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 04:32 PM
1st Gear
Default curiosity question how many ppl moved from the honda world

ok so being one myself im really curious how many ppl used to or still own and mod their honda/acura cars and have moved up to the s4?

i personally used to own a fully built turbo civic untill it got stolen and currently bought another to make a profit on selling to use as a downpayment for an s4
i live in nj and am currently in the process of trying to become a state trooper so hopefully money will be good within the next year

im now 24 and its time to grow up a lil (in a sense) hense y i decided on the s4
what is everyone elses story ?

Old 06-19-2007, 06:25 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: curiosity question how many ppl moved from the honda world

Funny Topic.. I have a Honda civic and an RSX type s

lookin to sell them both for a S4...

Old 06-19-2007, 08:20 PM
1st Gear

sold my 2nd gen turbo eclipse for the undeniably awesome s4 haha

Old 06-19-2007, 09:33 PM
1st Gear

I never owned a honda or acura, never would... Sorry, but I rather own a well engineered car that isn't designed to sell as many as possible. If you buy an audi you wont regret it. Nomatter if its an A4 or S4.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:58 PM
1st Gear

ahh come on man dont hate. i loved my honda and you can make them super fast and reliable for relativly cheap. oh and there super easy to work on haha. but they are like "kids" racer boy cars and i jus want somethign quick and classy

one thing ur def wrong on is the well engineered part though. when it comes to engineering honda is crazy. i still think there the only company that put out over 100 hp per liter. thats gota be good for somethign

Old 06-20-2007, 01:40 AM
1st Gear

I agree withblackmagics4 i have never owned a honda and never will, but i have worked on them alot and im not that impressed. But what i am inpressed with is how amazingly sexy that s4 is and how bulletproof the motors are

Old 06-20-2007, 09:57 AM
1st Gear

This can easily become a German v Japanese car slinging match. Well, I really enjoy my Audi but facts related to build quality are facts.

See where Lexus, Toyota and Honda are and where is Audi?

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/news-specia...amp;EL=3121175

Drivability, design, appearance both internally and externally etc... are better for German cars than for Japanese. But Japanese cars are realiable as a bricks.

Full listing for 2005 attached. Should be no surprise that Lexus has been number 1 since 2005.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:34 AM
1st Gear

Had an S2000 back in 2001, Got it for something to drive while I was waiting for the Boxster S to come out. Must admit the car was fun in a go cart sense but very uncomfortable, lacked any torque and had to bedriven at 9k RPM. Then got the Boxster S, Did not like and traded for M3 SMG, Did not like the SMG shiftingso traded for Maserati GT. Now have a S4 Cab and have only had a few days but find it far better than any of those previous cars. Does feel like a real "Grown Ups" car. Not to showy, Great comfortable rideand 6 speed is great

Old 06-20-2007, 04:40 PM
SoCal Crew Member

i have been into the honda world for about 10 years... i still own one of my old 92 si's..... all i used to do is build motors and do swaps for people out of my garage... great money... and great cars... very well engineered and great bang for the buck.... that car may not be nearly as fancy as my s4, but it is very fun to drive and handles great for a fwd.... like a go cart...hehe....
i love how the b-series motors are so interchangable and v-tech is just about the funnest preformance option out on the market(well most reliable) .... i loved when i had long gears and 9,000k revs in every gear....

i know that most kids put that loud *** exhaust crap on there cars and it sounds like sh*t.... but when you have a finely tuned b-series dohc v-tech motor without the tin can...redlining at 9,000 rmp with about 250hp all motor.... that sure is a sweet sound...

i had soo many good time with those cars but now i own a 2004 s4 and what else can i say.... all my time is now devoted to audi.... more expensive, a little harder to work on and get parts....but ummm.... what's the word............................QUATTRO!!!!!!

for all you guy hating honda out there... you really shouldn't hate on anything.... or at least not the engineering, just about all cars on the market are very well engineered.... it's the stupid *** kids that can't afford anything but a few thousand who buy the honda, slap the tin can on the back and buzz around annoying all of us.... hate on them.... not the cars please. thanks

Old 06-20-2007, 10:45 PM
1st Gear

I am not saying Audi's are not reliable at all but why do you almost NEED to figure on gettting a DV when you hit 80,000 miles? I have had my 98 civic from 66,000 - 133,000 miles and i didnt put anything but oil, brakes, the basics. It's hard to go out and buy a car that has a few problems that are bound to happen sooner rather than later.
I have always heard that Toyota makes the best cars followed by Honda. Like everyone else is saying don't dog on Honda's just because sometimes kids get a hold of them and do stupid things with them. If Audi's were cheaper i'm sure kids would be doing the same thing to them.
It's just not right to say Honda is not reliable or a well enginered car

Quick Reply: curiosity question how many ppl moved from the honda world