S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Carbon Fiber Hood Yay or Nay?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 01:53 PM
pms
1st Gear

To build on what others have already said, ask yourself why you would put a cf hood on the car - the appearance or the performance? If it's the latter then a cf hood painted to match is a pretty elegant solution. I am personally opposed to the former, but that is a personal preference and we should all respect your desire to make modifications as you see fit.

One thing to think about though is the potentially shorter lifespan of the cf...if it's not manufactured right then it will become brittle and/or flake/crack over time (these engines generate a good deal of heat).

And I personally love the rusted hood look...especially for a show car. That's brilliant IMHO.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by SourDieselS4
PS: i would kill for a carbon fiber RS4 body kit
... wouldnt we all.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:52 PM
1st Gear

Carbon Fiber hood. I don't think its ricey unless you go with a CF hood with scoops n stuff in it. I like the CF with the sides painted to match the car. Leave the center CF exposed. IMO

Old 04-02-2009, 01:22 PM
1st Gear

If I was to get the CF hood it would be an OEM design only. No way I would get any vented rice bullshit. the rs4 wide-body kits are so sick though... thats the only kit i would consider installing.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:28 AM
2nd Gear

Nay. It looks gay for sure. If you get the CF hood, paint it to match the rest of the car. Raw CF is too rice.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:28 PM

i think it would look awesome if you can do it correctly.. but youll need other mods, like to lower it, put some rims on it... definatly tint the windows... but it will take more than just a hood to look good.. if youre 50/50 just paint it...

Old 04-05-2009, 08:54 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by nogaroblur
I picked up a 2000 nogaro blue s4, but i need to replace the hood. I can't decide to get a new oem hood and paint it to match the car or if I should get an oem style carbon fiber hood and just run the raw carbon look. Car is stock otherwise. I plan to put some lowering springs in in a week or so. I am looking for opinions on the carbon fiber hood look.

Well as far as whether to go w/ the CF, only you can decide. Do you want to look like everyone else or do you want to be an individual? Somebody is always gonna hate what someone does to their car, and in fact, those people tend to be the most vocal. So just be yourself!!

However, unless you can find a SICK deal on a CF hood, I would get a used oem hood, and paint it, and put the money towards a different upgrade.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:30 AM
1st Gear

yes! be yourself... show your personality through your ride! Thats how I feel anyway. I am a DJ as well as a tuner and spinning electronica at random parties/clubs is like letting your feelings flow from you brain to the speakers. same with modding a car to fit your personality... or maybe not so much that but I like my car to reflect who I am. I also have a 1999 honda prelude with full tein suspension, exhaust, intake, dc strut bars, full wings west lip kit, tint, HID's, JDM fogs, and of course one of those damn reverse vented carbon fiber hoods with sparco hood pins! haha its kinda ricey but i still like it. I want the S4 to be a bit more reformed, cleaner or more mature per say. I may just keep the stock look, chip it, lower it, get it breathing better and chill like that for awhile.