S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

car was smoking....help

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 08:42 PM
1st Gear
Default car was smoking....help

ok guys, I just bought this car yesterday and it has 83k on it 02 S4. lastnight the car drove just fine, but this morning my older brother borrow my car just to get the feel of this car. we make sure that we warm up the car before he drove it off. he didn't drive hard or anything and came back about 15 minutes, poped open the hood and smoke was comming from the rear of the engine. Turns out the oil was low, so I added 2 quartz of oil and now its at full level. the problem now is that the car will not start. IT just make one click and that's it. (I spoke to several machenics on the phone and they ask if any light indicator saying the the oil was low, but no lights. also there's isn't any loud bang comming from the engine either.)

also my brother also said the the car lags too, you guys think that the turbos are damage.

I know the questions are getting silly but I try the search button and I can't seems to find the asnwer.

man im stressing out right now.

Old 06-04-2006, 02:48 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: car was smoking....help

S**t!
Is all i can say. Wish i could help. The lag sounds like a similar prob i had, it felt i was driving V6 Audi - u could hear the turbos
whosh but the car wouldnt rev. Ended up being the airflow meter - pretty cheap repair.
Good luck mate

Old 06-04-2006, 11:13 PM
2nd Gear

yeah the lag could be from the air flow meter. as for the car not starting, i have no idea. that is very odd. try training the oil and see if there are any pieces of anything in it other than just pure dirty oil. other then that, i don't know what else to suggest.

Old 06-05-2006, 05:31 AM
1st Gear

the starting problem is from the starter burned out. I paid $578 for labor and stallation. but the trouble doesn't stop there. NOw we think that the car have a broken master cyclinder. When the car is off, you can get into gear, but when it's running you can't get in or out of gear. It also seems like the clutch is always engaged. Man...I'll towed it to a different shop tommorrow and must caugh some more doe. This sucks Ballz man, and I just bought the car too.

Old 06-05-2006, 03:45 PM
3rd Gear

Where to start, turbo's gone? Throttle body boot leaking, valve cover gaskets leaking. Diverter valves gone.

Take it to a shop, get the codes read, and find out how much it's going to hurt! Hopefully you just have a torn TBB, and leaking VCG. Both are very common!

Sucks, but you should always get a buyers inspection done on a used car! It also helps in getting lower price on the car.

The clutch thing is properly the 2nd gear synco thing, common,you need to rebuild the trans. I doubt it's the master.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 06-07-2006, 11:18 PM
2nd Gear

Havent heard back from u yet E46eater, i assume the cars in the shop still?