S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

brake boosting questions +++

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 03:51 PM
1st Gear
Default brake boosting questions +++

hey whats up im new to audi and i have a 2000 s4 and a couple of questions

why does it shut down while brake boosting?

is there a way around it?

wheres the best place to get parts form?

and when i upgrade my turbos should i get twin ko4's or go for the single big turbo?

Old 12-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Default RE: brake boosting questions +++

I'll answer the two easy ones.

www.awe-tuning.com
www.ecstuning.com

My favorites.. there are way more in the faqs page read there

Twin, to do one single would be the biggest headache of your life and really really pointless!!!!

Old 12-09-2007, 05:22 PM
3rd Gear

Welcome to the world of audi, im glad you chose this forum its a great place.

At the top of this forum theres a bunch of stickies, one of which is the FAQ, it has a TON of links in it including s4biturbo.com and edyjuns s4 directory. Those are 2 iv found most helpful. Please if you have questions search on those, google, and in this forum first before posting.

Now by brake boosting you mean when launching a tip holding the brake while giving it gas to bring up the rpm's? I assume if you rev too high you going to make our car stall. From what iv heard this isnt the best for your car, extra heat and stress on the transmission so just dont do it too much. As far as i know theres no way around it. Generally a 6 speed manual is faster than a tip just because you can launch and have complete control over shifting.

Theres also a huge list of audi web sites in the FAQ many of which are parts. My favorites: www.ecstuning.com www. awe-tuning.com and www.vastperformance.com i have purchased from all of them and had nothing but good experience and high quality parts.

As far as turbos go you will probably be getting k04's from the rs4. They are the most common turbo to put in this car. People also do some garrett series turbos in their cars for a more horsepower. RS6 hybrid turbos are rumored to be the next big thing. As far as single turbo, iv seen 1 single turbo s4 in a video and thats it. It would most likely be a massive money pit and a headache. Id stay away from it.

Again welcome!

Old 12-13-2007, 06:27 PM
1st Gear

when i say brake boosting i mean applying the brake enough to slow the car and keep it at a 40mph roll or whatever speed your starting from, while at the same time mashing the gas to the floor thus spooling your turbo for a big jump on the other car

Old 12-13-2007, 06:37 PM
3rd Gear

ooh i dunno i just downshift

Old 12-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Zombie Defense Force

i dont think the ecu will allow you to do this. in my a4 i couldnt do it. the ecu wouldnt let the gas flow even if i floored it.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:35 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: jrodin
when i say brake boosting i mean applying the brake enough to slow the car and keep it at a 40mph roll or whatever speed your starting from, while at the same time mashing the gas to the floor thus spooling your turbo for a big jump on the other car
That is about the worst thing you can possibly do to the car!

Old 12-14-2007, 04:12 PM

ORIGINAL: HP Addict

Welcome to the world of audi, im glad you chose this forum its a great place.

At the top of this forum theres a bunch of stickies, one of which is the FAQ, it has a TON of links in it including s4biturbo.com and edyjuns s4 directory. Those are 2 iv found most helpful. Please if you have questions search on those, google, and in this forum first before posting.

Now by brake boosting you mean when launching a tip holding the brake while giving it gas to bring up the rpm's? I assume if you rev too high you going to make our car stall. From what iv heard this isnt the best for your car, extra heat and stress on the transmission so just dont do it too much. As far as i know theres no way around it. Generally a 6 speed manual is faster than a tip just because you can launch and have complete control over shifting.

Theres also a huge list of audi web sites in the FAQ many of which are parts. My favorites: www.ecstuning.com www. awe-tuning.com and www.vastperformance.com i have purchased from all of them and had nothing but good experience and high quality parts.

As far as turbos go you will probably be getting k04's from the rs4. They are the most common turbo to put in this car. People also do some garrett series turbos in their cars for a more horsepower. RS6 hybrid turbos are rumored to be the next big thing. As far as single turbo, iv seen 1 single turbo s4 in a video and thats it. It would most likely be a massive money pit and a headache. Id stay away from it.

Again welcome!

Thanks

Old 12-15-2007, 04:01 PM
1st Gear

its no different than stalling it up on the line, it doesnt hurt anything atlease i have never had any problems or heard ofanyone else having problems caused by this

Old 12-15-2007, 04:07 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: jrodin

its no different than stalling it up on the line, it doesnt hurt anything atlease i have never had any problems or heard ofanyone else having problems caused by this
well my opinion i think i would have to agree with 2ks4 since hes the most experienced as far as i have seen with the tip's..so i'd just listen to him and not do it..

Quick Reply: brake boosting questions +++